The assignment is to plan, design and write a PLC program on the FX Training Software using a PART SUPPLY CONTROL SYSTEM based on the requirement specification outlined below. Then write a report of no more than 1200 detailing the design steps. Indicate the parts ( sensors, actuators etc) you would use in an actual working system and explain why these parts were chosen. Supply a hard copy of your ladder program (FULLY COMMENTED) and software element allocations. Give some careful thought, in the conclusion section, about any problems and improvements that could be made to make the system more reliable.
REMEMBER - you cannot assume anything in a control process from the moment it is switched on, throughout its entire operation but MUST ensure that everything occurs when and where you expect it AND under your control. Any problems must be detected.
Place a specified number of oranges into a box located on the conveyor
The following operation should be performed in this unit. Study the required specifications and then create the program and confirm the operation.
1) When switch SW1 on the operation panel is turned ON the conveyor moves forward. When switch SW is turned OFF the conveyor stops
2) When pushbutton PB1 on the operator panel is pressed SUPPLY COMMAND (Y1) for the robot is turned ON. SUPPLY COMMAND is turned OFF when the robot moves away from the starting point. When SUPPLY COMMAND is turned ON the robot supplies a box.
3) When the BOX ON SLIDE (X5) is turned ON, the robot must automatically supply another box after 5 seconds onto the conveyor.
Control of Oranges
1) When the sensor for BOX ON CONVEYOR in the orange feeder is turned ON, the conveyor stops.
2) Twenty (20) oranges must be placed in the box. Full boxes containing oranges are carried to the tray on the right.
3) Oranges are supplied when SUPPLY ORANGE COMMAND is set ON and the number of oranges supplied are counted by the ORANGE SUPPLIED sensor
4) A 10 second delay is required before the filled orange box moves on to the tray on the right.