Operators in C++:
All C operators are valid operators in C++ also. Besides C++ has developed some new operators like
Operators and their Expression:
1. Logical operator
2. Assignment operator: Variable must be declared before assigning. Chain Assignment Ex: x=y=z;
Embedded Assignment Ex: x=(y=10)+10;
Compound or Shorthand Assignment: x = x+y is x +=y; Dynamic initialization Ex: int x=strlen("apple");
Static initialization Ex int x=100;
3. Reference variable: Ex: int &x=y; x is alias of y.
4. Relation operator
5. Arithmetic operator
6. Increment and Decrement operator
7. Special operator.
8. Conditional operator.
9. Bitwise operator.
10. Type cast operator: Ex: x =float(a)/float(b).
11. Scope Resolution operator: Ex: :: to access from global variable and class.
12. Insertion and Extraction operator: << and >>.
13. Class Member dereferencing operator:
1. ::* To declare pointer to a member in class.
2. ->* To access pointer member when both class and member have pointers
3. .* To access pointer member when only member has pointer.
14. Memory Management Operator: new and delete. The variable must be pointer
variable. In malloc, calloc, realloc, free are used. int *ptr; ptr = new int;
ptr = new int(25); assigning value delete ptr; release the memory of ptr.
int *ptr; ptr = new int;
delete ptr; release the memory or array pointer.
15. Manipulator Ex: endl work like \n and setw(10) set width for the variable cout<<setw(10)<<x<<endl<<setw(10)<<y.
16. Implicit Expression: Conversion is implied from lower to higher order of primary
17. Operator overloading: Ex: << and >>