Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Net present value method: npv, finance, Other Engineering
Discounted cash flow methods
Net present value method: NPV
It is one of the classic methods of evaluating the investment project. Here each potential projects value is find out its net present value (NPV). This method considers the time value of money and should that cash flow arising at different time differ in value, hence need to find out its present value (Robert Parrino & David s. Kidwell, 2009).
Steps involved in the calculation NPV:
• Find out the cash inflow from a project based on realistic assumption.
• Determine the appropriate discounted rate.
• Calculate the present value of cash inflow based on discounted rate.
• Net present value is calculated by deducting present value of cash outflow from the present inflow (I.M. Pandey, 2005).
Accept Reject rule:
Accept the project if NPV is positive NPV>0
Reject the project if NPV is negative NPV<0 (Robert Parrino & David s. Kidwell, 2009).
Merits of NPV:
• The value of money is considered.
• NPV considers cash flow occurring in the life of the project to calculate its worth.
• This method considers discounting rate to calculate present value of cash flow.
• This method considers the objective of maximizing shareholders wealth (I.M. Pandey, 2005).
Demerits to NPV:
• Difficult to forecast future cash flow as future is uncertain.
• If right discount rate is not considered then it leads to wrong investment decisions.
• It is not suitable when alternative projects with unequal lives exist (I.M. Pandey, 2005).
Posted Date: 2/6/2012 10:32:50 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Net present value method: npv, finance, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Net present value method: npv, finance, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Net present value method: npv, finance Discussions
Write discussion on Net present value method: npv, finance
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Define Thermal equilibrium, Thermal equilibrium The definition and measurem...
Thermal equilibrium The definition and measurement of temperature must be logically preceded by the concept of thermal equilibrium and the Zeroth law. To determine operationally wh
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING REACTIONS ASSIGNMENT, HI,I GOT ASSIGNMENTS TO TURN IN ...
HI,I GOT ASSIGNMENTS TO TURN IN WITHIN 24 HOURS.PLEASE IS THERE ANYWAY YOU COULD HELP OUT?
Procedures for starting and ground running of aircraft , Procedures for sta...
Procedures for starting and ground running: Before starting and ground running any gas turbine powered aircraft, several considerations must be taken into account. The first an
Fire safety management for clubs, Fire safety management for clubs: In...
Fire safety management for clubs: In clubs and other places where there is music being played, or other entertainment, it is important that the music (or other entertainment)
Compressor characteristics, Compressor characteristics: When a compress...
Compressor characteristics: When a compressor is designed it is essential to establish the points at which it is likely to surge. Tests are carried out to determine the relati
Difference between income & expenditure statement, Difference between incom...
Difference between income & expenditure statement P&L is to be ready by the Company or Dealing Origination which evolved in Dealing of any commodity or manufacturing of completed e
Communication engineering, I am preparing for a seminar ... but I am search...
I am preparing for a seminar ... but I am searching for a very good topic. Can you help me to get a topic in wireless communication . i want to know what are the latest technologie
Pneumatics, 3. Design and draw a circuit using the cascade system to operat...
3. Design and draw a circuit using the cascade system to operate two cylinders (A and B) which, on the operation of a start valve, produces the sequence A – B + B – A+. The cylinde
Android, need help correcting an error on running the developed app it doe...
need help correcting an error on running the developed app it doesnt show the fetched output from internet ?
Re-heat nozzles in aircraft engine, Re-Heat Nozzles : If re-heat was fi...
Re-Heat Nozzles : If re-heat was fitted to an engine with a standard sized fixed area propelling nozzle, the expansion of gases caused by the use of re-heat would increase the
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.