Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
mechanics materials , Mechanical Engineering
1) Factor of Safety is calculated by using which of the following set of values? [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. Yield Stress and Allowable Stress
b. Fracture Stress and Yield Stress
c. Ultimate Tensile Stress and Allowable Stress
d. Ultimate Tensile Stress and Allowable Stress
e. All of the above
2) Centroids deal with the distribution of which of the following? [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
e. none of the above
3) Two rods A and B support a 50-lb lamp, as indicated in the picture below. If the same force is developed in each rod (i.e., FA = FB) and the diameter of rod A is larger than the diameter of rod B, which rod will have the greater stress?
a. Rod A
b. Rod B
c. Both will have equal stress
d. can not be determined with the given information
4) The elastic portion of the tension stress-strain diagram for an aluminum alloy is shown in the diagram below. The specimen used for the test has a gauge length of 2 in. and a diameter of 0.5 in. When the applied load is 9 kip, the new diameter of the specimen is 0.49935 in. Compute the shear modulus G for the aluminum used. (Hint: Calculate the Poisson''s ratio first and then use the equation for shear modulus G = E/[2(1+v)].) [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 45.8 ksi
b. 4380 ksi
c. 5390 ksi
d. 9000 kip
e. 11,700 ksi
5) The A-36 steel plate shown below has a thickness of 12 mm. If there are shoulder fillets at B and C, and the allowable axial (normal) stress is 150 MPa , determine the maximum axial load P that it can support. [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 77 kN
b. 108 kN
c. 151 kN
d. 7.7 MN
e. 15.1 MN
6) Two aluminum rods AB and AC, shown in diagram below, have diameters of 10 mm and 8 mm, respectively. Determine the largest vertical force P that can be supported. The allowable tensile stress for the aluminum is 150 MPa . [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 7.54 kN
b. 8.33 kN
c. 10.7 kN
d. 11.8 kN
Posted Date: 10/1/2012 8:22:05 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
mechanics materials , Assignment Help, Ask Question on mechanics materials , Get Answer, Expert's Help, mechanics materials Discussions
Write discussion on mechanics materials
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Drainage of the railway track - construction of railway line, Drainage of t...
Drainage of the Railway Track: It is necessary to keep the embankment free from water. This is done by providing side ditches, all along the edge of the embankment, and leadi
Explain about the raft foundations, Explain about the Raft Foundations ...
Explain about the Raft Foundations The raft foundations are generally used for large loaded area on soils of low bearing capacity. They are of particular use when soils are of
Quenching and tempering, Quenching and Tempering Cast iron pearlite st...
Quenching and Tempering Cast iron pearlite structure might be heated to lower critical temperature and after that quenched to effect extremely rapid cooling. This treatment re
Explain reaction turbine and impulse turbine, Differentiate Reaction turbin...
Differentiate Reaction turbine and Impulse turbine (steam turbines) (b) In a De Laval turbine, steam issue from the nozzle with a velocity of 850 m/s. The nozzle angle is 20 o C
Service and maintenance procedures, Service and Maintenance Procedures, you...
Service and Maintenance Procedures, you have studied detailed procedure of motorcycle service and maintenance and points to be remembered while servicing. In the next course, you s
What is interference, a) What is Interference and show the relation for the...
a) What is Interference and show the relation for the minimum number of teeth required for a wheel. b) Show the relations for Maximum length of path of contact and Maximum lengt
Engineering plastics, Engineering Plastics In this time this has becom...
Engineering Plastics In this time this has become clear to know, the plastics are utilized as engineering materials for machine parts, casting and bodies and for structure mai
Estimate the tempreture measured by thermocouples, An experiment to determi...
An experiment to determine the convection coefficient associated with airflow over the surface of a thick stainless steel casting involves insertion of thermocouples in the casting
Determine standard for the specific standard technical areas, Standard for ...
Standard for the specific standard technical areas These norms are based on previously described models. Typical categories of these norms are: (a) drafting, which describe
Find out extension, Find out extension: Q: A bar having length 25mm h...
Find out extension: Q: A bar having length 25mm has varying cross section. It carries load of 14KN. Find out extension if cross section is given by (6 + x 2 /100) mm 2
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.