Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
mechanics materials , Mechanical Engineering
1) Factor of Safety is calculated by using which of the following set of values? [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. Yield Stress and Allowable Stress
b. Fracture Stress and Yield Stress
c. Ultimate Tensile Stress and Allowable Stress
d. Ultimate Tensile Stress and Allowable Stress
e. All of the above
2) Centroids deal with the distribution of which of the following? [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
e. none of the above
3) Two rods A and B support a 50-lb lamp, as indicated in the picture below. If the same force is developed in each rod (i.e., FA = FB) and the diameter of rod A is larger than the diameter of rod B, which rod will have the greater stress?
a. Rod A
b. Rod B
c. Both will have equal stress
d. can not be determined with the given information
4) The elastic portion of the tension stress-strain diagram for an aluminum alloy is shown in the diagram below. The specimen used for the test has a gauge length of 2 in. and a diameter of 0.5 in. When the applied load is 9 kip, the new diameter of the specimen is 0.49935 in. Compute the shear modulus G for the aluminum used. (Hint: Calculate the Poisson''s ratio first and then use the equation for shear modulus G = E/[2(1+v)].) [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 45.8 ksi
b. 4380 ksi
c. 5390 ksi
d. 9000 kip
e. 11,700 ksi
5) The A-36 steel plate shown below has a thickness of 12 mm. If there are shoulder fillets at B and C, and the allowable axial (normal) stress is 150 MPa , determine the maximum axial load P that it can support. [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 77 kN
b. 108 kN
c. 151 kN
d. 7.7 MN
e. 15.1 MN
6) Two aluminum rods AB and AC, shown in diagram below, have diameters of 10 mm and 8 mm, respectively. Determine the largest vertical force P that can be supported. The allowable tensile stress for the aluminum is 150 MPa . [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 7.54 kN
b. 8.33 kN
c. 10.7 kN
d. 11.8 kN
Posted Date: 10/1/2012 8:22:05 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
mechanics materials , Assignment Help, Ask Question on mechanics materials , Get Answer, Expert's Help, mechanics materials Discussions
Write discussion on mechanics materials
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Find out maximum stress and elongation of the bar, Find out maximum stress ...
Find out maximum stress and elongation of the bar: A rectangular bar having uniform cross-section of 4 cm × 2.5 cm and of length 2 m is hanging vertically from rigid support.
Initial tension in the belt, Initia l Tension in The Belt: Let T o =...
Initia l Tension in The Belt: Let T o = initial tension in belt T 1 = Tension in tight side T 2 = Tension in slack side T C = Centrifugal Tension in belt T
Mechanical equipment specifications, The specifications for use on a projec...
The specifications for use on a project will be as defined in the Project Execution plan. The Specification requirements will be clarified in the Engineering Estimate or at the Pr
Estimate elapsed time and height , Phase 1 Initially ALL Valves A, B, C...
Phase 1 Initially ALL Valves A, B, C, D, E and F are closed. ALL Tanks A, B, C, D, E are separated and each sealed from the atmosphere. Tank E initially has 2' of air @
Important terms related to boiler, IMPO R T AN T TERMS: Fi r e ...
IMPO R T AN T TERMS: Fi r e Box: Place where fuel is burnt. Grat e : The fuel is burnt on this. Baffles : Plates are used for directing the flow of flue gass
Thermal properties-ceramics-refractory and abrasive material, Thermal Prope...
Thermal Properties Each solid expand on heating and convention on cooling. The thermal expansion of solids is due to basic structure whether atoms occupy mean position on a fi
Mechanicalthermodynamics, Does this college offer courses in the field of m...
Does this college offer courses in the field of mechanicalthermodynamics?
Calculate the cutting speed, Normal 0 false false false ...
Normal 0 false false false EN-IN X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
Net angle of twist at the free end - steel shaft, Net angle of twist at the...
Net angle of twist at the free end - steel shaft: The stepped steel shaft illustrated in Figure is subjected to a torque (T) at the free end and a torque (2T) in the opposite
Show application to gyroscope, Q. Show Application to Gyroscope? A fibe...
Q. Show Application to Gyroscope? A fiber optic Gyroscope is used to detect the mechanical rotation of the interference of light. Two beams travel along the fiver in opposite d
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.