Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
mechanics materials , Mechanical Engineering
1) Factor of Safety is calculated by using which of the following set of values? [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. Yield Stress and Allowable Stress
b. Fracture Stress and Yield Stress
c. Ultimate Tensile Stress and Allowable Stress
d. Ultimate Tensile Stress and Allowable Stress
e. All of the above
2) Centroids deal with the distribution of which of the following? [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
e. none of the above
3) Two rods A and B support a 50-lb lamp, as indicated in the picture below. If the same force is developed in each rod (i.e., FA = FB) and the diameter of rod A is larger than the diameter of rod B, which rod will have the greater stress?
a. Rod A
b. Rod B
c. Both will have equal stress
d. can not be determined with the given information
4) The elastic portion of the tension stress-strain diagram for an aluminum alloy is shown in the diagram below. The specimen used for the test has a gauge length of 2 in. and a diameter of 0.5 in. When the applied load is 9 kip, the new diameter of the specimen is 0.49935 in. Compute the shear modulus G for the aluminum used. (Hint: Calculate the Poisson''s ratio first and then use the equation for shear modulus G = E/[2(1+v)].) [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 45.8 ksi
b. 4380 ksi
c. 5390 ksi
d. 9000 kip
e. 11,700 ksi
5) The A-36 steel plate shown below has a thickness of 12 mm. If there are shoulder fillets at B and C, and the allowable axial (normal) stress is 150 MPa , determine the maximum axial load P that it can support. [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 77 kN
b. 108 kN
c. 151 kN
d. 7.7 MN
e. 15.1 MN
6) Two aluminum rods AB and AC, shown in diagram below, have diameters of 10 mm and 8 mm, respectively. Determine the largest vertical force P that can be supported. The allowable tensile stress for the aluminum is 150 MPa . [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 7.54 kN
b. 8.33 kN
c. 10.7 kN
d. 11.8 kN
Posted Date: 10/1/2012 8:22:05 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
mechanics materials , Assignment Help, Ask Question on mechanics materials , Get Answer, Expert's Help, mechanics materials Discussions
Write discussion on mechanics materials
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Essay, which topics i should take from mechanical engineering to compare th...
which topics i should take from mechanical engineering to compare them
What is injection moulding, Q. What is Injection moulding? An important...
Q. What is Injection moulding? An important industrial method of producing articles of thermoplastics is injection moulding. The moulding material is loaded into a hopper from
Four stroke engine - thermodynamics, Four Stroke Engine - thermodynamics: ...
Four Stroke Engine - thermodynamics: Figure given below shows the working of a four stroke engine. During suction stroke only air (in case of diesel engine) or air with petrol
Copper alloys, Copper Alloys Some alloys of copper are employed in ind...
Copper Alloys Some alloys of copper are employed in industry for varying causes. Copper forms alloys along with zinc or the brasses, tin or the bronzes, along with tin and pho
Find the velocity of spacecraft, A space craft ‘A' has velocity 0.9 c relat...
A space craft ‘A' has velocity 0.9 c relative to the earth. Another spacecraft ‘B' overtakes A with relative velocity 0.5 c. Find the velocity of spacecraft B relative to the groun
Statements of second law of thermodynamics, (a) Show that two statements of...
(a) Show that two statements of Second Law of thermodynamics are equivalent to each other. (b) A house that was heated by electric resistance heater consumed 1200 KWh of electri
State about the computer-aided design, State about the Computer-aided desig...
State about the Computer-aided design Computer-aided design (CAD), high-quality character fonts, data plots, and artists' sketches all contain smooth curves and surfaces. The pa
Ed, how to draw projections of planes
how to draw projections of planes
What is linear sweep, Linear Sweep In linear sweep, the path is a linea...
Linear Sweep In linear sweep, the path is a linear or circular vector described by a linear, most often parametric. Linear sweep can be divided into translational and rotationa
Calculate the displacement of a particle, Calculate the displacement of a p...
Calculate the displacement of a particle: The displacement of a particle is given by the equation, x = 10 t 3 - 7 t 2 + 6 t + 2 I. Calculate its d
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.