Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
mechanics materials , Mechanical Engineering
1) Factor of Safety is calculated by using which of the following set of values? [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. Yield Stress and Allowable Stress
b. Fracture Stress and Yield Stress
c. Ultimate Tensile Stress and Allowable Stress
d. Ultimate Tensile Stress and Allowable Stress
e. All of the above
2) Centroids deal with the distribution of which of the following? [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
e. none of the above
3) Two rods A and B support a 50-lb lamp, as indicated in the picture below. If the same force is developed in each rod (i.e., FA = FB) and the diameter of rod A is larger than the diameter of rod B, which rod will have the greater stress?
a. Rod A
b. Rod B
c. Both will have equal stress
d. can not be determined with the given information
4) The elastic portion of the tension stress-strain diagram for an aluminum alloy is shown in the diagram below. The specimen used for the test has a gauge length of 2 in. and a diameter of 0.5 in. When the applied load is 9 kip, the new diameter of the specimen is 0.49935 in. Compute the shear modulus G for the aluminum used. (Hint: Calculate the Poisson''s ratio first and then use the equation for shear modulus G = E/[2(1+v)].) [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 45.8 ksi
b. 4380 ksi
c. 5390 ksi
d. 9000 kip
e. 11,700 ksi
5) The A-36 steel plate shown below has a thickness of 12 mm. If there are shoulder fillets at B and C, and the allowable axial (normal) stress is 150 MPa , determine the maximum axial load P that it can support. [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 77 kN
b. 108 kN
c. 151 kN
d. 7.7 MN
e. 15.1 MN
6) Two aluminum rods AB and AC, shown in diagram below, have diameters of 10 mm and 8 mm, respectively. Determine the largest vertical force P that can be supported. The allowable tensile stress for the aluminum is 150 MPa . [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 7.54 kN
b. 8.33 kN
c. 10.7 kN
d. 11.8 kN
Posted Date: 10/1/2012 8:22:05 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
mechanics materials , Assignment Help, Ask Question on mechanics materials , Get Answer, Expert's Help, mechanics materials Discussions
Write discussion on mechanics materials
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Determine standard for the specific standard technical areas, Standard for ...
Standard for the specific standard technical areas These norms are based on previously described models. Typical categories of these norms are: (a) drafting, which describe
Calculated the slope of the cantilever, Calculated the slope of the cantile...
Calculated the slope of the cantilever: Calculated the slope of the cantilever given in Example 6 at its free end. Solution To find out rotation in a beam we must have
Compound springs how do they work?, Ask Compound springs how do they workqu...
Ask Compound springs how do they workquestion #Minimum 100 words accepted#
Evaluate bending moment for overhanging beam, Evaluate Bending moment for o...
Evaluate Bending moment for overhanging beam: Draw the shear force & bending moment diagrams for 15 m span overhanging beam, that overhangs on both sides. This is subjected to
Find out the components of the force, Find out the components of the force:...
Find out the components of the force: The frame of a certain machine accelerates to the right at 0.8 g m/sec 2 . As illustrated in Figure, it carries a uniform bent bar ABC we
Dtsi engine, design
Currency bull spread and bear spread, Currency Bull Spread and Bear Spread:...
Currency Bull Spread and Bear Spread: A currency bull spread is constructed by buying a call option for a particular underlying currency and simultaneously writing a call opti
A solid sphere is rotating in free space, A solid sphere is rotating in fre...
A solid sphere is rotating in free space. If the radius of the sphere is increased keeping mass same which one of the following will not be affected? Solution) In free space, nei
Motion of a solid particle, With the aid of a sketch, describe the motion o...
With the aid of a sketch, describe the motion of a solid particle settling in a liquid and discuss the effect on it of applying a centrifugal force. Define the terms Separating
What are square footings, What are square footings? SQUARE FOOTINGS ...
What are square footings? SQUARE FOOTINGS This type of footing, also termed an isolated spread footing is probably the most common, simplest and most economical of the vario
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.