Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
mechanics materials , Mechanical Engineering
1) Factor of Safety is calculated by using which of the following set of values? [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. Yield Stress and Allowable Stress
b. Fracture Stress and Yield Stress
c. Ultimate Tensile Stress and Allowable Stress
d. Ultimate Tensile Stress and Allowable Stress
e. All of the above
2) Centroids deal with the distribution of which of the following? [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
e. none of the above
3) Two rods A and B support a 50-lb lamp, as indicated in the picture below. If the same force is developed in each rod (i.e., FA = FB) and the diameter of rod A is larger than the diameter of rod B, which rod will have the greater stress?
a. Rod A
b. Rod B
c. Both will have equal stress
d. can not be determined with the given information
4) The elastic portion of the tension stress-strain diagram for an aluminum alloy is shown in the diagram below. The specimen used for the test has a gauge length of 2 in. and a diameter of 0.5 in. When the applied load is 9 kip, the new diameter of the specimen is 0.49935 in. Compute the shear modulus G for the aluminum used. (Hint: Calculate the Poisson''s ratio first and then use the equation for shear modulus G = E/[2(1+v)].) [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 45.8 ksi
b. 4380 ksi
c. 5390 ksi
d. 9000 kip
e. 11,700 ksi
5) The A-36 steel plate shown below has a thickness of 12 mm. If there are shoulder fillets at B and C, and the allowable axial (normal) stress is 150 MPa , determine the maximum axial load P that it can support. [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 77 kN
b. 108 kN
c. 151 kN
d. 7.7 MN
e. 15.1 MN
6) Two aluminum rods AB and AC, shown in diagram below, have diameters of 10 mm and 8 mm, respectively. Determine the largest vertical force P that can be supported. The allowable tensile stress for the aluminum is 150 MPa . [Select the one best answer from the choices given below.]
a. 7.54 kN
b. 8.33 kN
c. 10.7 kN
d. 11.8 kN
Posted Date: 10/1/2012 8:22:05 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
mechanics materials , Assignment Help, Ask Question on mechanics materials , Get Answer, Expert's Help, mechanics materials Discussions
Write discussion on mechanics materials
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Crankshaft design, i have designed a crankshaft for 3 cylinder engine i wan...
i have designed a crankshaft for 3 cylinder engine i want to know how to balance it
Copper alloys, Copper Alloys Some alloys of copper are employed in ind...
Copper Alloys Some alloys of copper are employed in industry for varying causes. Copper forms alloys along with zinc or the brasses, tin or the bronzes, along with tin and pho
Show drain systems used in plant, Q. Show drain systems used in plant? ...
Q. Show drain systems used in plant? Process/power plants usually have a variety of different drain systems to collect the different types of liquid effluent. One of these is u
Describe the applicability of value engineering, Applicability of value eng...
Applicability of value engineering: Usually, all of the initial costs of a project add up to less than 50% of the total life cycle cost
Cross belt drive, Cross Belt Drive: When shafts are rotating in the o...
Cross Belt Drive: When shafts are rotating in the opposite direction, cross belt drive can be obtained. Figure In the diagram given to us pulley 'A' is called as
Simulate the compression test, This assignment will simulate large deformat...
This assignment will simulate large deformations (nonlinear geometry) and occurrence of necking and buckling due to static tensile and compressive loading of a given elastic-plasti
Pressure - thermodynamics, Pressure - Thermodynamics: While working in...
Pressure - Thermodynamics: While working in the system, thermodynamic medium exerts a force on boundaries of vessel in which it is kept. The vessel may be a container, or an e
Find out the centre of gravity of a wire, Find out the centre of gravity of...
Find out the centre of gravity of a wire: Find out the C. G. of a wire of uniform cross-section bent into shape of a semicircle as illustrated in Figure. Solution
Electron beam machining, Disadvantages of electron beam machining
Disadvantages of electron beam machining
Turnning fixtures, what are the forces acting on workpiece during turning p...
what are the forces acting on workpiece during turning process. how workpiece should be clamp
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.