Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Line balancing, Operation Management
what do you understand by line balancing? what happens if balance does not exist?
Posted Date: 2/12/2013 2:35:59 AM | Location :
Ask an Expert
- Line: an assembly line composed of various work stations, at which particular operations are performed.
- To work efficiently, with no work pile-ups between stations, the line must be balanced, for example work must get through each workstation in roughly similar amount of time.
1. To meet production goals,
2. Maximize output.
General Approaches to Line Balancing Technique
1. Estimating number of operators for a specific number of stations,
2. Work element sharing: grouping “activities” each work elements into “stations” or jobs performed by a single person (occasionally multiple people work in concert at a single station or machine)
| Posted Date: 2/12/2013 7:09:06 AM
Line balancing, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Line balancing, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Line balancing Discussions
Write discussion on Line balancing
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Explain what are the disadvantages of nucor''s choice, Instead of a separat...
Instead of a separate performance appraisal system, Nucor judges performance based on bottom line of quality, productivity, and profitability. What are the disadvantages of Nucor's
Advantages or disadvantages of diversity in the work place, 1. Discuss the ...
1. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of diversity in the work place 2. Discuss some of the legal guidelines in place to protect diversity in the workplace 3. Identify
What are the responsibilities of operation manager, 1. What are an operatio...
1. What are an operations manager's responsibilities? Answer: They design the operation; they plan and control activities by: 1. Developing an operations strategy 2. Un
Process selection and process design, Process Selection and Process Design ...
Process Selection and Process Design Having identified alternative process sequences and process span choices, the question then to be answered is which of the configurations
Explain employment eligibility, Prospective employers can conduct a credit ...
Prospective employers can conduct a credit check along with a background check to determine employment eligibility. Do you feel this is good business practice or an invasion of pri
Consolidated statements of operations management, Corrpro Companies, Inc., ...
Corrpro Companies, Inc., founded in 1984, provides corrosion control-related services, systems, equipment, and materials to the infrastructure, environmental, and energy markets.Co
Explain imagine an athletic facility such as sawhill, 3. Imagine an athleti...
3. Imagine an athletic facility such as Sawhill. What strategies would you suggest for creating an open environment? Sawhill Athletic Club was an athletic facility in suburban S
Explain large regional hospital systems and research, Case Scenario: Hearts...
Case Scenario: Heartsong LLC. Heartsong LLC is a designer and manufacturer of replacement heart valves based in Peoria, Illinois. While a relatively small company in the medical de
Explain car rental agency that calculates rental charges, Create a project ...
Create a project for the local car rental agency that calculates rental charges. The agency that calculates $15 per day plus $0.12 per mile. Form: Use text boxes for the customer n
Explain what is economic value added, Spencer Inc. has the following inform...
Spencer Inc. has the following information for the current year: Net income = $600; Net operating profit after taxes (NOPAT) = $500; Total assets = $4,000; Short-term investments =
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.