Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Line Balancing, Operation Management
What do you understand by line balancing? what happens if balance doesn''t exists?
Posted Date: 2/10/2013 11:00:54 AM | Location : USA
Ask an Expert
- Line: an assembly line composed of various work stations, at which particular operations are performed.
- To work efficiently, with no work pile-ups between stations, the line must be balanced, for example work must get through each workstation in roughly similar amount of time.
1. To meet production goals,
2. Maximize output.
General Approaches to Line Balancing Technique
1. Estimating number of operators for a specific number of stations,
2. Work element sharing: grouping “activities” each work elements into “stations” or jobs performed by a single person (occasionally multiple people work in concert at a single station or machine)
| Posted Date: 2/12/2013 7:09:34 AM
Line Balancing, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Line Balancing, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Line Balancing Discussions
Write discussion on Line Balancing
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
What are some instances that would explain strategic groups, What are some ...
What are some examples that would explain strategic groups?
Explain which depreciation method is preferable, 1. Your firm is considerin...
1. Your firm is considering an investment in a wind farm. Assume that the farm will cost $1 million per MW of installed capacity. The plan under consideration would deploy 10 GE 1.
Explain how efficiency of purchasing processes be improved, How can efficie...
How can efficiency of purchasing processes be improved?
Question eXAM, Defining Operation Management Operations performance...
Defining Operation Management Operations performance Function of operations Evolution of operations management E-business Integrated value c
Calculate the optimum order quantity, 1. The annual demand for a product is...
1. The annual demand for a product is 8,000 units. The order cost is $30 for a single order. The cost of the item is $10 and the holding cost has been calculated at $3 to carry one
Operations management, a small assembly line for the assembly of power stee...
a small assembly line for the assembly of power steering pumps needs to be balanced. exhibit 8.11 is the precedence diagram. the cycle time is determined to be 1.5 minutes. how wou
Explain the internal and external environments, Describe the internal and e...
Describe the internal and external environments of 2 real world companies using an environmental scan. What competitive advantages does each company have and what strategies are ea
Explain how does the institutional environment, How does the institutional ...
How does the institutional environment and view come into play for Oxford in this case?
Explain replacement are covered under the adea, Harvey Jameson was recently...
Harvey Jameson was recently terminated as comptroller at the age of 66 from Better Beef, Inc. His replacement is Tammy Parker, age 45. Because both he and his replacement are cover
EOQ model, Eoq Model with example
Eoq Model with example
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.