Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Line Balancing, Operation Management
What do you understand by line balancing? what happens if balance doesn''t exists?
Posted Date: 2/10/2013 11:00:54 AM | Location : USA
Ask an Expert
- Line: an assembly line composed of various work stations, at which particular operations are performed.
- To work efficiently, with no work pile-ups between stations, the line must be balanced, for example work must get through each workstation in roughly similar amount of time.
1. To meet production goals,
2. Maximize output.
General Approaches to Line Balancing Technique
1. Estimating number of operators for a specific number of stations,
2. Work element sharing: grouping “activities” each work elements into “stations” or jobs performed by a single person (occasionally multiple people work in concert at a single station or machine)
| Posted Date: 2/12/2013 7:09:34 AM
Line Balancing, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Line Balancing, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Line Balancing Discussions
Write discussion on Line Balancing
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Find the specific challenges with overlapping, Explain in detail the greate...
Explain in detail the greatest challenge facing law enforcement agencies in investigating exploitation, cyber stalking, and obscenity. Identify the specific challenges with overlap
Explain various stressors in such an environment, Today, employers are usin...
Today, employers are using employees more and more in a matrixed environment. What does that mean? How can we contend with the various stressors in such an environment? How do we m
Explain change forces are adapting and sustaining, Which of the following b...
Which of the following best shows forces for change vs. forces for stability? Change forces are: adapting, sustaining, and predicting; whereas stability forces are: bureaucracy, tr
Facility location importance, what is the importance of facility location ?...
what is the importance of facility location ?
Explain drum-buffer-string, According to Elyahu Goldratt, the TOC system us...
According to Elyahu Goldratt, the TOC system uses a scheduling approach called _____. drum-buffer-rope drum-buffer-string drum-rope-buffer drum-buffer-line
Explain objective of value stream mapping is to improve data, 1) Bill of ma...
1) Bill of material errors can cause serious problems for MRP system calculations of dependant demands 2) No matter what forecasting technique is used, the probability of a prod
Give examples of quantitative data analysis technique, Provide an example o...
Provide an example of a situation when you would use a quantitative data analysis technique. Provide and example of a situation when you would provide a qualitative data analysi
Explain business practice or an invasion of privacy, Prospective employers ...
Prospective employers can conduct a credit check along with a background check to determine employment eligibility. Do you feel this is good business practice or an invasion of pri
Advantages of enterprise resource planning, Advantages of ERP 1.Invento...
Advantages of ERP 1.Inventory Reduction: Through this process it is possible to procure a component as it is needed thereby avoiding cost of carrying it and excessive safety st
Explain what is job evaluation, 1) What is job evaluation? What method(s) o...
1) What is job evaluation? What method(s) of job position evaluation does employer use? Explain why. (Remember, "Job Evaluation" is not the same as "Performance Evaluation.") 2) Wh
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.