Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Implementation of tools in operations management, Operation Management
How to implement tools in operations management?
Posted Date: 6/25/2012 2:05:28 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
What is Implementation of Operations and how it is being done?
Implementation is the procedure of performing the planned functions. Planning processes includes estimating, routing and loading while dispatching and progressing are processes which are performed while manufacturing is going on. Former one is planning and the latter is controlling function. By combining both the things the process generated is implementation.
1. Estimating means the quantities that are estimated to be made at each workstation depending on the sales forecast, provision for buffer stock, quantities bought out, etc. It is done on the base of capacity.
2. Routing, which determines the sequence of operations and the machines for smooth working and minimum inventory?
3. Scheduling refers to allocating time slots for different jobs that when job is start and when it ends.
4. Dispatching is a process concerned with real moving of the materials with tools, jigs and fixtures to specific machines along with drawings and ensuring inspections at exact nodes, so that the materials shift in the supply chain.
5. Expediting is done to ensure that all is done properly
What are the tools used for implementation?
1. GANTT charts – One of the tools which is used to record progress by comparing the actual aligned with the planned activities and keep trail of the flow of the material.
2. Line balancing and line of balance - are two tools that make sure that machining centers are loaded uniformly so as to prevent build up stocks at intermediary stages.
3. Simulation models - are used to forecast use of machines and production levels.
4. Inventory models – which makes one determine when to order, how many to order and also give us an approaching to the risks and opportunities that come up for our concern.
5. ERP software - SAP have numerous components that store, sort and analyze data and make them accessible to the staff across the earth in many plants permitting managers to modernize their operations.
| Posted Date: 6/25/2012 2:27:47 AM
Implementation of tools in operations management, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Implementation of tools in operations management, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Implementation of tools in operations management Discussions
Write discussion on Implementation of tools in operations management
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Describe the factors influencing customer behaviour, Question : Show or...
Question : Show origin of Collaborative Planning, Replenishment, and Forecasting (CPFR) Origin from CFAR How CFAR standard was renamed CPFR Continuing improvements
What are programmed and non-programmed decisions, What are programmed and n...
What are programmed and non-programmed decisions? Programmed decisions are which made in accordance with some procedure, rule or habit. Non-Programmed decisions are those which
Explain safety stock would provide a stock out risk, The injection moulding...
The injection moulding department of a company uses an average of 30 gallons of special lubricant a day. The supply of the lubricant is replenished when the amount on hand is 170 g
Describe the similarities and differences among, Discuss the similarities a...
Discuss the similarities and differences among the organization, group, and job levels in open systems theory.
Explain how much would land''s end buy, (Land's End) Geoff Gullo owns a sma...
(Land's End) Geoff Gullo owns a small firm that manufactures 'Gullo Sunglasses'. He has the opportunity to sell a particular seasonal model to Land's End. Geoff offers Land's End
Long term capacity reduction, Long term Capacity Reduction Capacity pl...
Long term Capacity Reduction Capacity planning does not necessarily mean the expansion of the capacity. It may also mean reduction of the capacity which may be done in the fol
Explain what is the first goal of national unions, What is the first goal o...
What is the first goal of national unions? Elections in units where employees are not currently represented are called? Corporate goal achievement is facilitated or inhibited
Need help with homework, Need Help with home work
Need Help with home work
Explain the organizational structure that results, Describe the organizatio...
Describe the organizational structure that results from each of the different bases of departmentalization?
Distinguish clearly between accidental deliberate and change, Question: ...
Question: Distinguish clearly between accidental change and deliberate change. Change is often resisted for multitude reasons. Critically explain the reasons thereof. Us
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.