Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Implementation of tools in operations management, Operation Management
How to implement tools in operations management?
Posted Date: 6/25/2012 2:05:28 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
What is Implementation of Operations and how it is being done?
Implementation is the procedure of performing the planned functions. Planning processes includes estimating, routing and loading while dispatching and progressing are processes which are performed while manufacturing is going on. Former one is planning and the latter is controlling function. By combining both the things the process generated is implementation.
1. Estimating means the quantities that are estimated to be made at each workstation depending on the sales forecast, provision for buffer stock, quantities bought out, etc. It is done on the base of capacity.
2. Routing, which determines the sequence of operations and the machines for smooth working and minimum inventory?
3. Scheduling refers to allocating time slots for different jobs that when job is start and when it ends.
4. Dispatching is a process concerned with real moving of the materials with tools, jigs and fixtures to specific machines along with drawings and ensuring inspections at exact nodes, so that the materials shift in the supply chain.
5. Expediting is done to ensure that all is done properly
What are the tools used for implementation?
1. GANTT charts – One of the tools which is used to record progress by comparing the actual aligned with the planned activities and keep trail of the flow of the material.
2. Line balancing and line of balance - are two tools that make sure that machining centers are loaded uniformly so as to prevent build up stocks at intermediary stages.
3. Simulation models - are used to forecast use of machines and production levels.
4. Inventory models – which makes one determine when to order, how many to order and also give us an approaching to the risks and opportunities that come up for our concern.
5. ERP software - SAP have numerous components that store, sort and analyze data and make them accessible to the staff across the earth in many plants permitting managers to modernize their operations.
| Posted Date: 6/25/2012 2:27:47 AM
Implementation of tools in operations management, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Implementation of tools in operations management, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Implementation of tools in operations management Discussions
Write discussion on Implementation of tools in operations management
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Production planning and control (ppc), Production Planning and Control (PPC...
Production Planning and Control (PPC) Production in manufacturing comprise a series of steps by which material is given a new form to satisfy a predetermined objective,
What are the advantages of using single sourcing strategies, What are the a...
What are the advantages of using single sourcing strategies? Advantages of using Single sourcing: a. Simple to keep relations along with only one supplier b. Simple to
Line balancing, what do you understand by line balancing what happens if ba...
what do you understand by line balancing what happens if balance does not exist
Explain appropriate to use mrp and just-in-time, Discuss the market and man...
Discuss the market and manufacturing requirements that make it appropriate to use MRP and Just-in-Time.
Explain what is the efficiency of line balance, 1). Some tasks and the orde...
1). Some tasks and the order in which they must be performed according to their assembly requirements are shown in the following table. These are to be combined into workstations t
Explain considerations in designing organisation structure, Explain main co...
Explain main considerations while designing the organisation structure. While designing the organisation structure, there are two major considerations: - Differentiation an
Define a small computer firm orders monitors for sale, A small computer fir...
A small computer firm orders monitors for sale. The annual demand is 1300 per year. The holding cost is 10 percent of the value of the monitors on hand. Each time they order it cos
Methodology of Operations Research, Methodology of Operations Research
Methodology of Operations Research
Explain what kind of industries does a localization strategy, What kind of ...
What kind of industries does a localization strategy makes sense? Why? When does a global standardization strategy make most sense? Why?
Describe the mission- vision- values- and goals, The formal strategic plann...
The formal strategic planning process has five main steps. We are going to analyze at the first step involving corporate mission, vision, values and goals in the context of the com
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.