Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Implementation of tools in operations management, Operation Management
How to implement tools in operations management?
Posted Date: 6/25/2012 2:05:28 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
What is Implementation of Operations and how it is being done?
Implementation is the procedure of performing the planned functions. Planning processes includes estimating, routing and loading while dispatching and progressing are processes which are performed while manufacturing is going on. Former one is planning and the latter is controlling function. By combining both the things the process generated is implementation.
1. Estimating means the quantities that are estimated to be made at each workstation depending on the sales forecast, provision for buffer stock, quantities bought out, etc. It is done on the base of capacity.
2. Routing, which determines the sequence of operations and the machines for smooth working and minimum inventory?
3. Scheduling refers to allocating time slots for different jobs that when job is start and when it ends.
4. Dispatching is a process concerned with real moving of the materials with tools, jigs and fixtures to specific machines along with drawings and ensuring inspections at exact nodes, so that the materials shift in the supply chain.
5. Expediting is done to ensure that all is done properly
What are the tools used for implementation?
1. GANTT charts – One of the tools which is used to record progress by comparing the actual aligned with the planned activities and keep trail of the flow of the material.
2. Line balancing and line of balance - are two tools that make sure that machining centers are loaded uniformly so as to prevent build up stocks at intermediary stages.
3. Simulation models - are used to forecast use of machines and production levels.
4. Inventory models – which makes one determine when to order, how many to order and also give us an approaching to the risks and opportunities that come up for our concern.
5. ERP software - SAP have numerous components that store, sort and analyze data and make them accessible to the staff across the earth in many plants permitting managers to modernize their operations.
| Posted Date: 6/25/2012 2:27:47 AM
Implementation of tools in operations management, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Implementation of tools in operations management, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Implementation of tools in operations management Discussions
Write discussion on Implementation of tools in operations management
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Planning, factors of planning
factors of planning
Explain how do the bi needs of business professionals, How do the BI needs ...
How do the BI needs of business professionals and medical professionals differ?
I want help with business communication class, I need help with business co...
I need help with business communication class
Depict diagram a complex system, Diagram a complex system (a series of caus...
Diagram a complex system (a series of causal loops and their interconnections) for the ecosystem of your choice (desert, rainforest, tidal marsh, etc.).
Define factors that need to be considered in media selection, There are thr...
There are three factors that need to be considered in media selection and budgeting. These include A) Audience reach, availability of the product, no competition B) Audience
Explain what ways does this benefit a project, Some companies choose not to...
Some companies choose not to tie resources to their projects. In what ways does this benefit a project? In what ways does this hinder a project?
Explain methods companies use to train their employees, 1. What is the sequ...
1. What is the sequence of steps that should occur before you are hired for a full-time position ? 2. Describe the types of methods companies use to train their employees. 3.
Define cross-cultural communication, When referring to Cross-Cultural Commu...
When referring to Cross-Cultural Communication, what would be the best approach to dealing with a multicultural environment.
Explain project layout, Give an example of a project layout. Describe the s...
Give an example of a project layout. Describe the site and how the environment is organized?
Explain key components of your business, Imagine that you are beginning the...
Imagine that you are beginning the very first social networking site, fast-food restaurant, or pizzeria, and develop a brief business plan that highlights the financial, marketing,
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.