Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Implementation of tools in operations management, Operation Management
How to implement tools in operations management?
Posted Date: 6/25/2012 2:05:28 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
What is Implementation of Operations and how it is being done?
Implementation is the procedure of performing the planned functions. Planning processes includes estimating, routing and loading while dispatching and progressing are processes which are performed while manufacturing is going on. Former one is planning and the latter is controlling function. By combining both the things the process generated is implementation.
1. Estimating means the quantities that are estimated to be made at each workstation depending on the sales forecast, provision for buffer stock, quantities bought out, etc. It is done on the base of capacity.
2. Routing, which determines the sequence of operations and the machines for smooth working and minimum inventory?
3. Scheduling refers to allocating time slots for different jobs that when job is start and when it ends.
4. Dispatching is a process concerned with real moving of the materials with tools, jigs and fixtures to specific machines along with drawings and ensuring inspections at exact nodes, so that the materials shift in the supply chain.
5. Expediting is done to ensure that all is done properly
What are the tools used for implementation?
1. GANTT charts – One of the tools which is used to record progress by comparing the actual aligned with the planned activities and keep trail of the flow of the material.
2. Line balancing and line of balance - are two tools that make sure that machining centers are loaded uniformly so as to prevent build up stocks at intermediary stages.
3. Simulation models - are used to forecast use of machines and production levels.
4. Inventory models – which makes one determine when to order, how many to order and also give us an approaching to the risks and opportunities that come up for our concern.
5. ERP software - SAP have numerous components that store, sort and analyze data and make them accessible to the staff across the earth in many plants permitting managers to modernize their operations.
| Posted Date: 6/25/2012 2:27:47 AM
Implementation of tools in operations management, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Implementation of tools in operations management, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Implementation of tools in operations management Discussions
Write discussion on Implementation of tools in operations management
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Explain what organization sets standard for frame relay, What organization ...
What organization sets standard for frame relay? a. ITU b. IEEE c. IETF d. FCC
Explain what is the efficiency, Normal 0 false false false ...
Normal 0 false false false EN-IN X-NONE X-NONE
Explain router could not be used as a fire wall, Which of the following cou...
Which of the following could not be used as a fire wall? a. hub b. router c. server d. PC
Line balancing, what do you understand by line balancing what happens if ba...
what do you understand by line balancing what happens if balance doesn''t exist
Explain flexible manufacturing system, Meile Machine Shop, Inc., has a 1-ye...
Meile Machine Shop, Inc., has a 1-year contract for the production of 225,000 gear housings for a new off-road vehicle. Owner Larry Meile hopes the contract will be extended and th
What are disadvantages of delegated sourcing strategies, What are the disad...
What are the disadvantages of using delegated sourcing strategies? Disadvantages of using delegated sourcing: a. Can be a complicated relationship to manage an outsourcer
Explain inventory decreases, What happens to inventory as the number of kan...
What happens to inventory as the number of kanban cards increases? Inventory decreases Inventory increases Inventory remains the same The number of kanban cards has no
Define conflict within a project team, What are the consequences of ignorin...
What are the consequences of ignoring a conflict within a project team?
What are few strategies that you might in order to achieve, Suppose you are...
Suppose you are the CEO of a growing fast food company, specializing in hamburgers. You are interested in expanding your business into new domains. What are some strategies that yo
Electronic data interchange, Electronic data interchange relies on St...
Electronic data interchange relies on Structured data and standard business documents.
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.