Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Implementation of tools in operations management, Operation Management
How to implement tools in operations management?
Posted Date: 6/25/2012 2:05:28 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
What is Implementation of Operations and how it is being done?
Implementation is the procedure of performing the planned functions. Planning processes includes estimating, routing and loading while dispatching and progressing are processes which are performed while manufacturing is going on. Former one is planning and the latter is controlling function. By combining both the things the process generated is implementation.
1. Estimating means the quantities that are estimated to be made at each workstation depending on the sales forecast, provision for buffer stock, quantities bought out, etc. It is done on the base of capacity.
2. Routing, which determines the sequence of operations and the machines for smooth working and minimum inventory?
3. Scheduling refers to allocating time slots for different jobs that when job is start and when it ends.
4. Dispatching is a process concerned with real moving of the materials with tools, jigs and fixtures to specific machines along with drawings and ensuring inspections at exact nodes, so that the materials shift in the supply chain.
5. Expediting is done to ensure that all is done properly
What are the tools used for implementation?
1. GANTT charts – One of the tools which is used to record progress by comparing the actual aligned with the planned activities and keep trail of the flow of the material.
2. Line balancing and line of balance - are two tools that make sure that machining centers are loaded uniformly so as to prevent build up stocks at intermediary stages.
3. Simulation models - are used to forecast use of machines and production levels.
4. Inventory models – which makes one determine when to order, how many to order and also give us an approaching to the risks and opportunities that come up for our concern.
5. ERP software - SAP have numerous components that store, sort and analyze data and make them accessible to the staff across the earth in many plants permitting managers to modernize their operations.
| Posted Date: 6/25/2012 2:27:47 AM
Implementation of tools in operations management, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Implementation of tools in operations management, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Implementation of tools in operations management Discussions
Write discussion on Implementation of tools in operations management
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Define the main considerations regarding logistics alliances, What are the ...
What are the major considerations regarding logistics alliances, for: a) initiation? b) implementation? c) maintenance? d) termination?
Explain what is the profit if the bottleneck method advocate, The senior ma...
The senior management at Canine Kernels Company CKC is concerned with the existing capacity limitations so they want to accept the mix of orders that maximizes the company's profit
Compare google with facebook in terms of competition, Compare Google with F...
Compare Google with Facebook. In terms of the five forces of competition, do you feel these companies view one another as competitions? Why or why not?
Explain ethical for employers to use information technologie, Is it ethical...
Is it ethical for employers to use information technologies to extend work into employees home lives?
Define evaluation of the merits or reliability of the source, Share a sourc...
Share a source you are planning to use in writing your Resource Scheduling Methods Analysis Paper. Provide an APA citation for the source. Provide a brief summary of the source, an
What are the steps in the method study procedure, 1. What are the steps in ...
1. What are the steps in the method study procedure? Answer: Select, record, examine, develop, install, maintain.
Explain benefits package related to your dream job, Design a compensation a...
Design a compensation and benefits package related to your dream job.
Give example of groupthink, You have been assigned the task of assembling a...
You have been assigned the task of assembling a team to accomplish some task or project in your organization. What do you do? What is important for you to know? What do you need to
Calculate electrical, Test results from an electronic circuit board indicat...
Test results from an electronic circuit board indicate that 50% of board failures are caused by assembly defects, 30% are due to electrical components, and 20% are due to mechanica
Explain what is communication, Q1. What is communication? define it in your...
Q1. What is communication? define it in your own words Q2. Describe the characteristics of effective business communication and give examples Q3. Sould a researcher always ob
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.