1. What are chemical fuels? How they are classified? List the characteristics of a good fuel.
2. Define cracking. Explain the fluidized catalytic cracking method with neat diagram.
3. Define knocking. Explain the mechanism of knocking in petrol engines.
4. What is meant by reforming? Explain the principal reactions occurring during the reforming process.
5. Explain the production of solar grade silicon
6. Calculate Gross and Net Calorific value of a coal sample from the following data: Weight of coal sample = 0.795x10-3 kg; Wt of water taken in the calorimeter = 1.3 kg Water equivalent of Calorimeter = 2.5 kg; Initial Temperature of the water = 28 0C Final Temperature of the water = 29.8 0C; % of H2 in the coal sample = 2.5 Latent heat of steam = 2455 kJ/kg