Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
explain CPU scheduling and its objectives?, Basic Computer Science
Definition of CPU scheduling:
The assignment of physical processors to processes allows processors to complete work. The process of determining that for which process which processor should be assign this process is called processor scheduling or CPU scheduling.
When one or more than one process is run able, the operating system must choose which one first. The division of the operating system concerned with this decision is called the scheduler, and algorithm it uses is called the scheduling algorithm.
Objectives of scheduling (objectives)
Many objectives must be regarded as in the design of a scheduling discipline. In exacting, a scheduler should consider fairness, efficiency, reaction time, turnaround time, throughput, etc., Some of these objectives depends on the system one is using for instance batch system, cooperative system or real-time system, etc. but there are also some objectives that are desirable in all systems.
• Fairness is vital under all circumstances. A scheduler makes sure that each process gets its fair share of the CPU and no process can undergo indefinite postponement. Note that giving equivalent or equivalent time is not fair. Think of security control and payroll at a nuclear plant.
• The scheduler has to assure that system''s policy is enforced. For instance, if the local policy is safety then the safety control processes must be talented to run whenever they want to, even if it means delay in payroll processes.
• Scheduler should remain the system (or in exacting CPU) demanding cent percent of the time when possible. If the CPU and all the Input / Output devices can be kept running all the time, more work obtains done per second than if some components are idle.
• A scheduler should reduce the time batch users must remain for an output.
• A scheduler should exploit the number of jobs processed per component time.
• A scheduler should reduce the response time for interactive user.
A little thought will show that some of these objectives are opposing. It can be shown that any scheduling algorithm that supports some class of jobs hurts another class of jobs.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 7:45:13 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
explain CPU scheduling and its objectives?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on explain CPU scheduling and its objectives?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, explain CPU scheduling and its objectives? Discussions
Write discussion on explain CPU scheduling and its objectives?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Digital, define complement?
Java hastset, implement your own hashset
implement your own hashset
C programming, hello do have c programming experts
hello do have c programming experts
Define Twisted Pair Cables , Twisted pair cables comes in two appearance :...
Twisted pair cables comes in two appearance : Unshielded twisted pair cable : UTP : UTP cables is the most common types of telecommunication medium used today. Its frequency range
Compare cisc with risc cpus, Question 1 Define the following terms ...
Question 1 Define the following terms 1) Pipelining 2) Super Pipelining 3) Dynamic Execution 4) Multiprocessing 5) Multimedia Extensions Question 2
Distinguish between s-http and ssl, QUESTION (a) Distinguish between S...
QUESTION (a) Distinguish between S-HTTP and SSL (b) What are the three basic security provided by SSL? (c) Discuss the limitations of SSL (d) State the port number us
Flowcharts, what is a dry running of flow chart?
what is a dry running of flow chart?
Memory access, Memory access: The use of semi-conductor memory elements...
Memory access: The use of semi-conductor memory elements (bistables) has been made possible by the use of large scale integrated circuits (LSI) which provide reliability, ease
Wide area networks and metropolitan area networks, Metropolitan Area Networ...
Metropolitan Area Networks : These type of networks generally cover specific metropolitan area and provide to them all the services. Wide Area Networks (WANs): Wide Are
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.