When you write to describe, you create a visual picture in the reader's mind by writing sentences that work together to present a single, clear description of a person, a place, a thing, an event, or an idea. For this assignment, you will pick one of the following options as the basis of your descriptive paragraph:
(1) How does an orange feel to touch?
(2) How does water smell?
(3) How does wind taste?
(4) How does a tree sound?
(5) How does despair look?
A successful paragraph will:
- Be specific and creative
- Have a clear main idea that is supported with specific details
- Include the descriptive devices discussed in class (five senses, dominant impression, figures of speech, etc.)
- Be relatively free of errors
- Conform to APA formatting requirements
Before class, on the day that the final draft is due, attach your paragraph assignment packet in the following order: cover page on top followed by the final draft, peer review sheets, rough draft, and then the prewrite. Don't forget to submit a soft copy to SafeAssign!
As always, be sure to contact me via email, or see me in person, if you have any questions on this assignment.