Manage valuable resources recycle and wisely them where possible, serialization cost and minimize network overheads, and optimize all your database functions.
1. Recycle and manage your valuable sources by either pooling or caching. You should make a limited number of sources and share them from a common pool. Caching is simply another kind of pooling where instead of pooling a connection or object instance; you are pooling remote data, and providing it in memory.
2. Use effective design patterns to minimize network load, use of fast-lane reader pattern for database reacts . The service locator design pattern, which replace expensive JNDI access with the help of caching principles.
3. Minimize serialization prices by marking references, which do not need serialization by declaring them 'transient'. Use pass-by-reference where possible as opposed to pass by number.
4. Set appropriate timeouts: for the HttpSession objects, after which the session ends, define idle timeout for stateful session beans etc.
5. Enhance the performance of database operations with the following tips: