Customer Data Management- Power Supply
The concept of data warehouse and data mining could be extremely useful for the management of customer data. A data warehouse is a powerful database that combines information from smaller databases. Data mining is used to analyse the information hold in data warehouse to identify previously unseen pattern in customer characteristics and behaviour.
Data mining could perform the following tasks.
1. Classification and segmentation of customer data according to a set of characteristics.
2. Regression to extract relationships useful for both predictive and descriptive purposes.
3. Link Analysis to expose patterns and trends.
4. Rule induction, a process of inducting general rules from a database.
5. Deviation detection to find out variation.
A few global electricity distribution companies have been benefited through applying this concept or tools of their customer data management.