1. Road traffic: of all the sources of noise pollution, road traffic is the most prevalent and perhaps the most damaging source of pollution. More people are exposed to noise from motor vehicles than any other source of noise.
2. Air traffic: airline travel has since become much more common and widely available, resulting in an increased amount of air traffic and thus an increased number of people who are affected by aircrafts noise. Noise from supersonic aircrafts is of particular concern due to its intensity.
3. Construction: construction noise, a major source of noise pollution is emitted by construction equipment.
4. Machines of industries such as textile mills, printing presses, metal works.
5. Agricultural machine like tractors, harvesters, tube wells etc.
6. Public address system like loud speakers.
7. Entertainment equipments like radio, television etc.
8. Use of crackers at occasions like festivals and marriages.
9. Domestic gadgets such as desert coolers, exhaust fans, mixers, grinders, pressure cookers etc.