1. The following is a recursive algorithm to calculate the k-th power of 2.
Input k a natural numberOutput kth power of 2Algorithem:If k =0then return 1Else return 2* power _of_2(k-1)
Please review the decomposition of a recursive algorithm described in slide #17 (week 1, 3-Recursion-IterativeAlgorithms.pdf). Please show the decomposition whne k = 5.
2. Please write an iterative algorithm to calculate the k-th power of 2. This iterative algorithm should be equivalent to the recursive algorithm in question 1.
3. Reorder the following time efficiencies from largest to smallest:
a) nlog n
c) n + n2 + n3 + n4
e) n5 log n
4. Determine the big-O notations for the following time efficiencies and reorder them from largest to smallest:
a) 50n3 + n2 + log n + n +10000
b) 2n5 +100n2 +1000log n
c) 200n + n2 log n
d) 10log n + n2 log n +10n4
5. Describe the information flow among DNAs, RNAs, and proteins