Cookie company is open for all day and night, 24 hrs. Enough demand exists to keepthe cookie company busy 24 hrs.
Assume you have:
(i) One oven which can accommodate one tray of one dozen cookiesat a time.
(ii) Unlimited # of trays each of which can hold 1dozen cookies.
(iii) Unlimited # of bowls which can accommodate mixing of dough for up to 2 dozen cookies at a time.
(iv) Large counter space for cooling.
Assume that each customer orders 2 dozen unique cookies.
- Customer 1 (C1) orders two dozens of chocolate chip.
- Customer 2 (C2) orders two dozens of mint.
- Customer 3 (C3) orders two dozens of peanutbutter,... etc.
Thus, an order consists of making 2 dozen cookies.
1. You: Mix dough according to customer's specifications, 6 minutes per order.
2. You: Spoon the dough, 2 minutes per dozen.
3. Place the tray in the oven, set the timer, and place the tray on the counter when it is baked
4. One dozen cookies take 10 minutes to bake in the oven.
5. Cookie Cooling: 5 minutes on the counter.
6. Bob, the Roommate: Packs and receives payment, 3 minutes per order
a. Through put time per order. T= minutes?
b. Capacity per hr., R=orders/hr.?