The following set of 'rules' apply to the operational procedures and practices of the XYZ Shop you have been contracted to build a management software application for. These rules will govern the design and implementation of your Visual Basic Application. Note: Some of the rules have already been integrated into the design and implementation of the database. You will need to identify those rules that have not been integrated and further enforce the rules.
The business logic is as follows:
1. Main business of XYZ is only selling and renting the DVDs to its customer. XYZ purchases DVDs from its distributor and sells or rents it away to its customer.
2. Customer may purchase or rent one or more DVDs on each transaction. The purchased DVDs on each transaction may or may not be similar.
3. The only way for customer to purchase or rent a DVD from XYZ is by coming to the store.
4. Payment methods which are allowed for purchasing and renting DVDs are only cash, master card, and visa.
5. Every payment by master card or visa, the card number and card holder name is retained for transaction validation with the bank.
6. There are two type of pricing to be used in XYZ Shop. Sell price describes selling price on the DVDs to its customers. Rental price describes the rental price of the DVDs to its customers.
7. Discount is given to specific purchase and rental quantity to increase the sales and rental transaction numbers. The discount rate is provided as follow:
a. Quantity sold or rented equal or more than 5 = 5% discount rate
b. Quantity sold or rented equal or more than 8 = 10% discount rate
c. Quantity sold or rented equal or more than 15 = 15% discount rate
8. For rental, the specific return date needs to be automatically specified in each transaction. The return date depends on the number of DVDs rented with the rule as follow:
a. Quantity rented less than 5 DVDs: 2 days from the rental date
b. Quantity rented between 5-10 DVDs: 1 week from the rental date
c. Quantity rented more than 10 DVDs: 2 weeks from the rental date
9. For this assignment, the system does not need to manage the returning DVDs.
10. XYZ has refund policy to allow customer returns back their purchased DVDs. Customer can only return back the DVDs within 2 days of purchase (based on date in original receipt) and DVDs must be in good condition.