Reference no: EM13133869
1. A Company purchased a depreciable asset for $120,000. The estimated salvage value is $10,000, and the estimated useful life is 10 years. The straight-line method will be used for depreciation. What is the depreciation base of this asset?
2. S Products purchased a machine for $39,000 on July 1, 2012. The company intends to depreciate it over 4 years using the double-declining balance method. Salvage value is $3,000. Depreciation for 2012 is
3. G Corporation purchased a truck at the beginning of 2012 for $90,000. The truck is estimated to have a salvage value of $3,600 and a useful life of 120,000 miles. It was driven 18,000 miles in 2012 and 32,000 miles in 2013. What is the depreciation expense for 2012?
4. A plant asset has a cost of $32,000 and a salvage value of $8,000. The asset has a three-year life. If depreciation in the third year amounted to $4,000, which depreciation method was used?
d. Cannot tell from information given
5. A Corporation, which has a calendar year accounting period, purchased a new machine for $60,000 on April 1, 2008. At that time Orton expected to use the machine for nine years and then sell it for $6,000. The machine was sold for $33,000 on Sept. 30, 2013. Assuming straight-line depreciation, no depreciation in the year of acquisition, and a full year of depreciation in the year of retirement, the gain to be recognized at the time of sale would be