Reference no: EM13764758
Prepare a detailed design document for the user interface for your project. Your design document should be based on your Project Requirements and Scope document and your Project Design proposal.
Your design document should include the following sections, as a minimum:
1. Design overview;
2. Project scope;
3. Business and User requirements;
4. Key assumptions;
5. Design process to be used;
6. Interface Design, including the following sections with justification for use:
- All screen layouts;
- All components identified, with justification for their use;
- Workflow diagrams for major tasks (if required);
- Use of colour, frames and sections;
- Help and user assistance functions;
- Use of icons;
- User task navigation;
7. Usability testing and evaluation, including the following sections with justification for use:
- Evaluation aims;
- Evaluation methodology;
- Test audience selection and ethical considerations;
- Evaluation experiments;
- Analysis methodology and procedures.
This is the final design for your project so all the sections in the document should be complete in all
Your design document should not exceed ~25 pages in length, excluding references. You will need to reference all literature, applications and websites using the APA 6th edition referencing style.
This assignment covers the following objectives for this subject:
be able to explain the relevance of integrating aspects of the human, social and organisational context
be able to list and explain the importance of the principles of design that are applicable to the design of
be able to evaluate the effective usability of an interface and recommend changes to improve its
be able to design a user interface to meet a given set of requirements;
be able to design a usability strategy to ensure that an interface meets its usability goals;
be able to interpret and evaluate usability testing results to plan interface improvements.