Reference no: EM131004028
I have Bachelors in Psychology and Masters in Health Administration and Post Grad Doctoral in Health Administration-all course work completed in dissertation phase. I have 3 years of experience in healthcare field.
Job Title: Prosthetic Representative
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number: JP-16-JLC-1633106-BU
DUTIES:Back to top
The Prosthetic Representative performs work associated with rendering prosthetic and sensory aids services to disabled veterans at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (MEDVAMC). The incumbent also provides support for prosthetic services and benefits for outpatient clinics aligned to the MEDVAMC. He/she assists the Program Manager and supervisors in coordinating administrative activities of the Prosthetic Treatment Center (PTC) and its functional units.
The MEDVAMC has active specialty services unique to a complex facility. These include Spinal Cord Injury (SCI), Home Based Primary Care (HBPC), Driver Rehabilitation, Orthotic and Prosthetic Laboratory, Optical Shop and Prosthetic Implants. The MEDVAMC has also been identified as a Poly Trauma Network Site and is an Amputee Referral Center. Services are also provided to veterans requiring Blind Rehabilitation and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). The Prosthetic Treatment Center has been awarded accreditation for Residency programs in both Orthotics and Prosthetics and is a National Prosthetic Training Site for the Technical Career Field program for the Prosthetic Representatives. In addition to other duties as assigned, the following tasks are listed:
• Assist in developing local organizational policies and procedures consistent with national policies and procedures
• Assist in developing Statement of Work for service contracts
• Responds to a variety of correspondence
• Represent the PTC on local facility committees, workgroups and/or teams
• Assists in Budgeting and financial management
• Assists in procurement and contract monitoring
• Assist in Property/Supply/Space Management
• Assist Supervisory Prosthetic Representative with adjustments to work load and developing performance measures
• Assist in developing tools that allow monitoring of quality assurance programs
• ADPAC functions
• Assist with developing functional statements, performance standards, and competencies
• Assist with implementing new directives, programs and policies
• Communicate and respond orally or in writing with management, stakeholders, clinical staff, veterans and their family
• Develop proposals, business plans and action plans
• Personnel administration work
• Performs analytical and statistical functions
• Performs functions related to credit card programs
• Contract compliance/scorecard compliance
• Authorizes benefits/payment for Specialty Programs (HISA/CA/AAE)
• Functions to support established and/or new clinics, i.e., block clinic space during vacations, add/delete needed clinics/appointments
• Work orders
Please answer the competencies below;
1. Ability to understand and apply procedures, regulations and laws.
2. Knowledge of procurement practices.
3. Knowledge of appropriations and obligations relating to accounts.
4. Knowledge of general anatomy and medical terminology.
5. Knowledge of principles and practices of budget formulation and execution.
6. Ability to maintain and control an inventory system.
7. Knowledge of methods to identify trends and causation factors sufficient to analyze prepared data and gather information t inform and advise management.
8. Knowledge of prosthetic programs related to at least 2 specialty programs.
9. Ability to advise clinicians on the selection, prescription, and acquisition of a full range of prosthetic devices.