Reference no: EM131202439
Public health and the maintenance of the same is integral to any developed nation. To that end, in the United States, federal, state, and local agencies must work to establish guidelines, rules, and requirements that provide baselines to protect the health of the public at large.
Using information from the textbook, the library, and/or the Internet, answer the following questions in a presentation of 2-3 pages, and provide properly cited sources to support your answers:
• How is public health defined?
• Why should the government be charged with the management of public health?
• On the federal level, how does the Center for Disease Control (CDC) monitor and manage public health?
• How do departments of health on the state and the local level contribute to the maintenance and management of public health?
• Are public health agencies on the federal, state and local level successful in ensuring that public health is maintained?
You have secured a fellowship with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), working as a public health analyst.
One of the duties for this position is to "Identify public health policy needs and coordinate the preparation of strategies and proposals in response to those needs to promote the achievement of public health goals." Include the following in your paper:
• Identify 1 subpopulation of southeastern United States (infants, African-Americans, Hispanic women, etc.).
• Describe the 5 most important health concerns for the subpopulation, including justification for your choices.
• Describe the most recent state or federal policy aimed at assisting this subpopulation's health needs and concerns.
The deliverable length for your assignment is 5-7 pages excluding the cover page, abstract, and reference page.
Support your work with at least 4 to 5 academic or professional peer-reviewed sources published within the past 5 years. This does not include your text or course materials.