Reference no: EM132607386
Assignment: Competency: Draft a paper that answers the research question based on findings.
Scenario: You are a first-year graduate student. You are taking a graduate course on research and writing. In this assignment, your professor has asked you to write the introduction section of a research paper for a research question/problem in which you are interested.
Instructions: Write the introduction section of a research paper for your professor. This section should:
• Clearly identify the research question/problem.
• Pique the reader's interest in your research paper.
• Analyze why the research question/problem is important by reviewing studies that have addressed the question/problem. Summarize groups of studies, not necessarily individual ones. The studies that you cite should be recent, published in the last 5-10 years. Older studies may be cited if they have been widely referenced by others.
• Evaluate the deficiencies/gaps in the studies.
• Explain how your research paper will address the deficiencies/gaps of past studies and how it will contribute to the scholarly research.
• Explain what you expect to find by performing research on this question.
• What benefits will the findings have and on whom?
• Establish the purpose and the thesis of your research paper.