Reference no: EM131367412
Discussion Question -
DQ 1 - For these discussion questions, please use correct APA references and citations. I need at least 250 words for each question. Also, please make sure nothing is plagiarized because my professor will be checking each assignment carefully.
1. What roles do laboratory experiments and naturalistic observation play in cognitive research?
2. What similarities and differences exist among the following three schools of psychology: structuralism, functionalism, and behaviorism?
3. What was the "cognitive revolution"? What resulted from it?
4. Describe the functions of the four lobes of the cerebral cortex.
5. Compare and contrast the various brain-imaging and brain-recording techniques.
6. What are the major assumptions of stage theories of development?
7. Explain how, in Piagetian Theory, cognitive structures adapt during the course of development.
8. In cognition, one major area of discussion is the influence of nature and nurture. What is the concept of nature-nurture, and why is it important in the study of cognition?
9. Do you believe it is possible to create a computer that can surpass human cognitive abilities? Why or why not?
Cognitive Psychology Definition Paper
Write a 1,000-word paper in which you define cognitive psychology. Address the following:
- Identify at least four key milestones in the development of cognitive psychology as a discipline.
- Discuss the importance of behavioral observation in cognitive psychology.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Phineas Gage Paper
Write a 1,000-word paper in which you explain the role of the brain in cognitive functions; this explanation should include the parts of the brain related to each cognitive function. Additionally, describe what Phineas Gage's accident revealed about how brain areas support cognitive function.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines. See the APA Sample Paper for how to format your paper.