What is the depreciation tax shield for this project in year

Assignment Help Financial Management
Reference no: EM131524243

Your firm purchases a business copier that costs $14,000 and requires $3,000 in maintenance for each year of its four-year life. After four years, the copier will be replaced. The copier falls into the MACRS three-year class life category. Use Table 12.8 on page 415 in your textbook for DDB depreciation. Assuming a tax rate of 32 percent, what's the depreciation tax shield for this project in year 4?

A. $421.45

B. $541.24

C. $331.97

D. $521.54

Reference no: EM131524243

Questions Cloud

What option strategies can be used to lock in exchange rate : What option strategies can be used to lock in an exchange rate between $0.7 USD/CAD and $0.8 USD/CAD?
Compare the normal distribution to empirical distribution : The normal distribution is often used with measurement variables such as height and weight. Compare the normal distribution to the empirical distribution.
Describe how you would implement the recommendations : Describe how you would implement the recommendations developed in the case study. Propose changes to the supplier contract in order for the supply chain.
Do you agree that consumerism is a religion in our society : Do you agree that consumerism is a religion in our society? Do you think it is dangerous if it is a sort of religion? Please explain your responses.
What is the depreciation tax shield for this project in year : Assuming a tax rate of 32 percent, what's the depreciation tax shield for this project in year 4?
How hotels perform in terms of sustainable tourism concepts : Compare and contrast how two hotels perform in terms of sustainable tourism concepts. Do the people of the blue mountains really care?
Create value for consumers and investors : create value for consumers, investors, and other stakeholders, such as the community in which the firm operates within its value chain.
Considering new three-year expansion project : Quad Enterprises is considering a new three-year expansion project that requires an initial fixed asset investment of $2.47 million.
Example of possible decision supported by hiring system : In the Information Systems course module (included in the Week 4 Learning Resources), you were introduced to the information requirements.

Reviews

Write a Review

 

Financial Management Questions & Answers

  Expected value of the real cost of hedging payables

Celine Co. will need 500,000 in 90 days to pay for German imports. Today's 90-day forward rate of the euro is $1.07. There is a 40 percent chance that the spot rate of the euro in 90 days will be $1.02, and a 60 percent chance that the spot rate of t..

  Firm can pay for project and still earn required return

A firm is considering a project that will generate perpetual after-tax cash flows of $18,000 per year beginning next year. The project has the same risk as the firm’s overall operations and must be financed externally. What is the most the firm can p..

  What was annual increase in selling price

Assume that in January 2013, average house price in particular area was $290,400. In January 2001, average price was $207,300. What was annual in selling price

  Calculate the eac for both conveyor belt systems

Lang Industrial Systems Company (LISC) is trying to decide between two different conveyor belt systems. System A costs $204,000, has a four-year life, and requires $66,000 in pretax annual operating costs.  Calculate the EAC for both conveyor belt sy..

  What is the corporations operating cash flow for the year

During the current year, a firm had sales of 1,500,000; cost of goods sold of 1,245,000 selling and administration expenses of 187,500; depreciation of 217,500; and, interest expense of 97,500. The tax rate is 35%. What is the corporation’s operating..

  Calculate the beta for the company

The variance exhibited by the market is 42.9%. The standard deviation of returns for Vestco, Inc. is 6%. In a regression, you determine that the correlation of returns between the market and company is +0.23. Calculate the beta for the company?

  More intertwined with organizational strategy

Describe how purchasing strategy is becoming more intertwined with organizational strategy. How has this evolved and how is it changing the role of purchasing managers? Describe the legal ramifications that are associated with the purchasing role. Wh..

  The net means taking into account the premium on option

Suppose the market price of UWY stock at expiration is $32.84. Assume that both George and Julie are rational in the sense that if they could choose to exercise the option, then they would do so rationally. The "net" means taking into account the pre..

  Calculate value of share of stock-investors required rate

Using the P/E ratio approach to valuation, calculate the value of a share of stock under the following conditions: the investors required rate of return 14%. the expected level of earning at the end of the year (E1) is $5. the firm follows a policy o..

  What is the expected annual capital gain yield

What is the expected annual capital gain yield for Orange Corp stock, based on the Dividend Discount Model? The company plans to pay an annual dividend of of $11.63 per share in one year. The expected annual growth rate of the dividend is 14.13%, and..

  Bondholders to convert their debt to equity of the company

Why does a bankrupt firm under Chapter 11 generally require its bondholders to convert their debt to equity of the company after the reorganization?

  Calculate each firms cost of equity

The asset beta for a particular industry is 0.8. Use Equation 9.6 to estimate the equity betas for the following three firms based on their respective debt ratios and tax rates. Then calculate each firm's cost of equity assuming an expected market pr..

Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd