The increment to the market value of the equity equals

Assignment Help Financial Management
Reference no: EM131027047

Red Shoe Co. has concluded that additional equity financing will be needed to expand operations and that the needed funds will be best obtained through a rights offering. It has correctly determined that as a result of the rights offering, the share price will fall from $55 to $51.00 ($55 is the rights-on price; $51.00 is the ex-rights price, also known as the when-issued price). The company is seeking $23 million in additional funds with a per-share subscription price equal to $40.

How many shares are there currently, before the offering? (Assume that the increment to the market value of the equity equals the gross proceeds from the offering.) (Do not round intermediate calculations and round your final answer to nearest whole number, e.g., 32.)

Number of old shares

Reference no: EM131027047

Questions Cloud

What is the profit equation for the company : Soumotchka Accessories make customized handbags to order. The price they can charge depends on how many they sell, x, consistent with the expression: What is the profit equation for the company?
Calculate the bonds default risk premium : Dakota Corporation 15-year bonds have an equilibrium rate of return of 10 percent. For all securities, the inflation risk premium is 1.75 percent and the real risk-free rate is 3.50 percent. The security’s liquidity risk premium is 1.20 percent and m..
What is the NPV and IRR of the project : Anderson International Limited is evaluating a project in Erewhon. The project will create the following cash flows: Year Cash Flow 0 –$592,000 1 222,000 2 165,000 3 230,000 4 209,000 All cash flows will occur in Erewhon and are expressed in dollars...
Calculate the initial outlay and depreciable asset : A company is purchasing a new machine which will cost $130,000 with additional shipping costs of $5,000 and set up and installation costs of $12,000. An additional $8,000 in Net Working Capital will be required. Calculate the Initial Outlay (startup ..
The increment to the market value of the equity equals : Red Shoe Co. has concluded that additional equity financing will be needed to expand operations and that the needed funds will be best obtained through a rights offering. Assume that the increment to the market value of the equity equals the gross pr..
Equity before the announcement of the debt issue : Green Manufacturing, Inc., plans to announce that it will issue $1.92 million of perpetual debt and use the proceeds to repurchase common stock. The bonds will sell at par with a coupon rate of 6 percent.  What is the expected return on Green’s equit..
Both produce widgets : Two firms, X and Y, both produce widgets. The price of widgets is $1 each. Firm X has total fixed costs of $500,000 and variable costs of .50 per widget. Firm Y has total fixed costs of $220,000 and variable costs of .75 per widget. The corporate tax..
What is the justified forward and justified trailing P-E : Suppose you are using the Justified P/E approach to value a company. The current P/E ratio is $7. If the expected retention ratio for this company is 55%, the growth rate is 5% and the required return is 15%, what is the justified forward and justifi..
About the Loan amortization and ear : You want to buy a car, and a local bank will lend you $30,000. The loan will be fully amortized over 5 years (60 months), and the nominal interest rate will be 8% with interest paid monthly. What will be the monthly loan payment? Do not round interme..

Reviews

Write a Review

 

Financial Management Questions & Answers

  Paid dividend-what is the current share price

Bayou Okra Farms just paid a dividend of $3.30 on its stock. The growth rate in dividends is expected to be a constant 6 percent per year indefinitely. Investors require a return of 15 percent for the first three years, a return of 13 percent for the..

  Calculate the project and equity free cash flows

Calculate the Project and Equity Free Cash Flows for the following scenario. We want to finance a project with 30% debt (70% equity). We expect $1,000,000 in sales for next year; Hint: to determine the EFCF, you will need to determine the value of th..

  Evaluate the impact on the budgeted statements

Familiarise yourself with the Anthonys Orchard company and its current situation; this can be done by exploring each of the tabs across the top of the screen in the Anthony's Orchard case study media.

  Entered into a futures contract and bought a call option

You need a barrel of oil next month. You could either buy the oil today and keep it for a month, wait and buy the oil next month when you need it, you could enter into a futures contract to buy oil at the current futures price $81, or you can pay $2 ..

  Depreciate against the dollar from its spot rate

You expect that the INR will depreciate against the dollar from its spot rate of $.0.15 to $.0.125 in 60 days. The following interbank lending and borrowing rates exist: How can you profit from the above given information. Estimate the profits that c..

  Present value and future value annuities and annuity dues

Discuss present value and future value annuities and annuity dues. What is the timing of cash flows? What are their differences? What are the advantages of both? How are they used by financial management?

  What is the after-tax WACC for Fox Wood Corp

Suppose Fox Wood Corp. (FWC) has perpetual earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) of $10 million per year. Fox Wood’s unlevered cost of equity is 12%. FWC is subject to a corporate tax rate of 40%. It has $50 million in permanent debt in its capit..

  What is staples expected rate of return

Staples Inc.’s stock has a 50% chance of producing a 25% return in a booming economy, a 25% chance of producing a 10% return if the economy is average, and a -28% return if it enters a recession. What is Staple’s expected rate of return?

  What is the yield to maturity of bond

A Japanese company has a bond outstanding that sells for 89 percent of its ¥100,000 par value. The bond has a coupon rate of 4.8 percent paid annually and matures in 19 years. What is the yield to maturity of this bond?

  Sufficient funds to pay cash for entire expansion project

Winston Enterprises would like to buy some additional land and build a new factory. The anticipated total cost is $169.47 million. The owner of the firm is quite conservative and will only do this when the company has sufficient funds to pay cash for..

  Using the net present value when evaluating projects

Tall Trees, Inc. is using the net present value (NPV) when evaluating projects. You have to find the NPV for the company’s project, assuming the company’s cost of capital is 10.66 percent. The initial outlay for the project is $414,171.

  Calculating the weighted average cost of capital

When calculating the weighted average cost of capital, weights are based on

Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd