Reference no: EM13801446
Communcation Course Rationale/Outline
An effective presentation requires careful preparation. In this task, you'll complete a plan for an informative or persuasive presentation. Your presentation may address a social, economic, or political issue that is relevant to your chosen career. Your preparation will include researching your chosen topic, planning for your intended audience, and creating an outline or other plan for your presentation.
A. Write a rationale (suggested length of 1 page) for the presentation in which you do the following:
1. Identify an appropriate purpose for the presentation.
2. Identify an appropriate audience for the presentation.
3. Explain the significance of the chosen topic.
B. Create a plan (e.g., outline, graphic organizer, narrative description) for a presentation (suggested length of 5-7 minutes) on your chosen topic that includes the following:
1. an effective introduction that includes an attention-getting opening, a thesis statement, and a preview of the main points
2. adequate support for each of a minimum of two main points
3. at least one appropriate visual element (e.g., chart, graph, picture, model) that must be provided
4. an effective conclusion that includes a summary of the main points and closing comments
5. at least three credible sources
a. Provide APA-formatted in-text citations and an APA reference page.
C. Identify at least three potential questions your audience may ask about your topic.
1. Write an appropriate response for each of the three questions identified in part C.