Reference no: EM13853374
Mickey Mouse Monopoly Video Response
Watching a portion of the video: "Mickey Mouse Monopoly: Disney, Childhood & Corporate Power." While watching, think about the main theme of the program and the arguments being made. You will type up a brief response to the video. Address each of the following questions as directly as possible (be concise). Please address the questions below:
1. Do you thing other media conglomerates (besides Disney) are any better or worse in what they teach children?
2. What examples of gender stereotyping have you noticed in Disney films? Do you find gender stereotyping to be more pronounced in the depictions of male or female characters?
3. Do you think gender portrayals in Disney films have changed over time? If so, how? If not, what's been most consistent about them?
4. In addition to what's described in the film, what examples of racial and ethnic stereotyping, if any, have you noticed in Disney films?
S. Do you find racial / ethnic stereotyping to be more pronounced in the depictions of any particular minority group?
6. Do you feel racial / ethnic portrayals in Disney films have changed over time? If so, how? If now, in what ways have they remained consistent in you view?