Discuss strengths and weaknesses within the data

Assignment Help Macroeconomics
Reference no: EM131524160

Assignment: Application of Biostatistics Concepts in Case Studies

A local government official, who happens to be up for reelection, has hired you to analyze the data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) surveys and develop a public health intervention plan based on the information.

The BRFSS is an ongoing telephone health survey system. It has been tracking health conditions and risk behaviors in the United States yearly since 1984. Data are collected monthly in all fifty states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and Guam. For this assignment, you need to do the following:

Part 1: Analyze the Data

1. View this link:

2. Select your criteria for any state statistical areas, for any year 2002 to 2011, and pick a category.

3. Click a subcategory (if offered) to retrieve the necessary data.

4. In a detailed report, analyze the data by completing the following:

o Summarize what data was collected, the method of collection, and the basic findings from the data.
o Evaluate the data's validity, quality, and reliability.
o Identify and discuss strengths and weaknesses within the data.
o Based on the data, develop a hypothesis about a public health problem that could be tested with a study.
o Recommend one other form of data that should be collected in order to enhance the study.
o Develop a study design to best collect your recommended data.
o Identify the resources you would need to collect the data, including the people you would need to work with.
o Identify and justify an appropriate method to display the findings.

Part 2: Public Health Intervention Plan

Based on your analysis of the provided data, create a public health intervention plan by completing the following:

• Describe your chosen population and the health issue you are addressing.
• Provide 2-3 specific, actionable recommendations to help improve health for your specific population and issue.
• To whom would you present the results to achieve the desired outcomes?

Write an 8-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.

Attachment:- link.rar

Reference no: EM131524160


Write a Review


Macroeconomics Questions & Answers

  An ice cream shop read in the local paper

An ice cream shop read in the local paper in which the elasticity of market demand for ice cream

  Let b1hat and b2hat denote the estimated regression

let b1hat and b2hat denote the estimated regression coefficients from a sample of size n for y x1b1 x2b2 u.show that

  What are the main types of system calls

What are the main types of system calls? Describe their purpose.

  Internet platforms like google

How is consumer surplus defined and how does it relate to free services such as internet platforms like Google.

  Task 1 - commercial banks in united economy have total

task 1 - commercial banks in united economy have total deposits of aed 300 billion. their reserves are aed 15 billion

  Draw a network

A project consists of 20 activities whose duration time estimates in days are given below activity duration activity duration

  Economy grow between two years

Suppose that nominal GDP in year 1 is 200 and nominal GDP in year 2 is 242 .Assume that inflation is 10 percent per year. How fast did the economy grow between these two years?

  Expected value of the stock

If a stock analyst believes there is a 25% probability that the stock price of Dymonatis will be $30 at the end of the year, a 50% probability that it will be $40, and a 25% probability that it will be $50, then the expected value of the stock at ..

  How would you go about resolving the issue

For a developing country to grow it needs capital. The major source of capital in most countries is domestic saving but the goal of stimulating domestic saving is usually in conflict with government policies aimed at reducing inequality in redistr..

  How does an economy achieve macroeconomic equilibrium what

how does an economy achieve macroeconomic equilibrium? what affect does a high level of inflation have on macroeconomic

  Factors affecting market equilibrium

Due to severe damage, a gas pipeline supplying gas to Arizona was shut down for some weeks in summer of 2003. Gas became scarce in Arizona, and prices increase,

  What was real gdp for 2009

What was Real GDP for 2009? What does GDP tell us? How did GDP change from 2008? What caused these changes

Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd