Reference no: EM13543131
Choose an organisation and write a report for the board about a critical decision the organisation must make based on a current situation.
Your report should include:
- relevant background details of your organisation
- analysis of the critical decision based on a current situation that your organisation must make
- analysis of possible solutions
- recommended decision.
Background of your organisation
Based on publicly available information (such as the organisation's annual report or other public documents), as appropriate describe:
- the principal activities/functions of your organisation and the sector it operates in
- the principal strategies of your organisation
- the products and/or services offered by your organisation
- your organisation's customers
- the marketing/public information initiatives your organisation undertakes
- the profitability/efficiency of your organisation.
Analysis of your organisation
Based on publicly available information (such as the organisation's annual report or other public documents), as appropriate:
- using a balanced scorecard evaluate at least three (3) critical success factors in each of the following dimensions: financial, customer, internal business, and learning/growth
- analyse the top five (5) to eight (8) significant costs of the organisation and what they relate to (quality, environment, staff, IT, premises, etc.)
- evaluate the performance of your organisation (based on relevant financial and non-financial criteria such as financial performance, productivity, efficiency, customer satisfaction, legislative requirements and market share)
- come to a conclusion as to the key strengths, weaknesses, challenges or opportunities facing your organisation.