Reference no: EM132013979
Workers arriving and leaving need to enter the times and sign the Attendance Book. At the end of the week the Attendance Book data is manually entered into the payroll system and the accounting system by the administrative assistant. There are complaints about errors and the time it takes, the manager suspects that workers are not always recording the correct times and workers occasionally forget to sign-in or sign-off.
The manager wants a Time Recording Module which allows workers to check in and out using their plastic staff id cards and for data to be automatically processed.
1. Open a Journal so that you can maintain a log of your activity in undertaking the following tasks
2. Develop a table showing options (do-nothing, development etc)in a table with pros, cons, risks, expected capital costs (high-medium-low), expected operating costs (high-medium-low), and benefits etc
3. Presume the client has selected development - write a System Vision document/statement - see text
4. Analyse the project and produce a simple 1-page Work Breakdown Structure with time estimates for each activity in the project
5. Produce a simple Gantt chart showing the major activities and dependencies
6. Develop a list of stakeholders (all persons, groups and institutions who may have an interest in the project and the nature of their interest)
7. Build a product backlog for the system by decomposing the features into stories (using Agile format "As a .... I want to .... so that.."). Prioritise using MoSCoW
8. Provide an "AS IS" process using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) or UML (Unified Modelling Language) - for the booking/payment process
9. Develop a "TO BE" process using BPMNor UML
10. Compare your As-Is and to-be and provide a briefing note for the Organisational Change and Training team so they can prepare the processes, manuals and train the workers and other staff
11. Develop a screen design for two MUST stories created above and identify any business rules; justify your design
12. Write all acceptance criteria for these two stories to be done - search the Internet for examples
13. Draw a simple applications architecture showing how the new solution will fit and interface with existing systems.
14. Presume you have been through an RFT - write the executive summary of the RFT report to the client with your recommended solution and supplier
15. Compare a brief report to the client explaining why they might consider Agile instead of waterfall method for the project