Amount of fertilizer farmer jones puts on the corn fields

Assignment Help Microeconomics
Reference no: EM13685495

Why may the amount of fertilizer Farmer Jones puts on the corn fields not affect the corn price or Jones' neighbour’s profits? But if Cadillac offers a new fuel "economic V-8" how come Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Infinity, and Acura are affected?

Reference no: EM13685495

Previous Q& A

  What uniform series of cash flows is equivalent

What uniform series of cash flows is equivalent to a $100,000 cash flow, fifteen years from now, if the uniform cash flows occur at the end of the year for the next fifteen years and the periodic interest rate is 8.5 percent compounded yearly?

  Monetary policy is impotent in achieving macroeconomic goals

Describe why a monetary policy is impotent in achieving macroeconomic goals under the fixed exchange rate system. Begin your discussion with the assumption that the economy is at equilibrium in the balance of payments (external balance), however at l..

  Average growth rate of aggregate output for the economy

If from 1980 to 2005, the average growth rate of aggregate output for the economy of Groland was 4.5 percent, while over the same time, Groland's population grew an average of 2.0 percent per year, and then aggregate output per person grew at an aver..

  A laser-based system installed

A laser-based system installed for B = $150,000 three years ago can be sold for SP = $180,000 now. Based on 5-year MACRS recovery, BV3 = $43,200. GI for year is $800,000 and annual operating expenses average $50,000. Decide TI and taxes if Te = 34 pe..

  Department of cass county has estimated that initial cost

The park and recreation department of Cass County has estimated that the initial cost of a park will be $2.3 million. Annual upkeep costs are estimated at $ 120,000. Benefits of $340,000 per year and dis-benefits of $ 40,000 per year have also been i..

  Moral hazard-decide whether the above policy benefits

"Moral Hazard" Please responds to the following: In 2020, a leading insurance company started a policy that pays a policy holder a five percent rebate on their insurance premium in a year in which the policyholder does not file an insurance claim. Fo..

  Standard errors still are utilized for hypothesis testing

Presume that the dependent variable in your regression has a non-normal distribution, even after controlling for the x variables (In other words, MLR.6 is violated). Under what circumstances can the OLS coefficients and standard errors still are util..

  Open source business models described

To what degree do you think the Open Source business models described in the MySQL case study will eventually supersede more traditional business models?

  Presume a bank is faced with two kinds of borrowers

Presume a bank is faced with two kinds of borrowers- a high risk borrower that must be charged an interest rate of 9% and a low risk borrower that must be charged an interest of 4%. There is a 30% chance of getting a high risk borrower and a 70% chan..

  Conditions to make price discrimination work

What are the necessary conditions to make price discrimination work and the best practices to use price discrimination to maximize profits while avoiding price wars? In your discussion make evident the challenges of the strategy even in markets where..


Write a Review


Similar Q& A

  Are there any bases of relatedness among the four products

This line is aimed at the low end of the market and isn't constructed on a wheel base. Writing instruments. This line includes mechanical pens and pencils which are sold to the middle-market segment between the low-end products such as Bic and h..

  Find out velocity of money based on m1 money supply find

assume that a country estimates its m1 money supply at 20 million. a broader measure of the money supply m2 is 50

  What is the minimum efficient scale in this industry

What is the long-run equilibrium price in this market? Explain intuitively, in your own words, why this is the long-run equilibrium. What is the long-run market equilibrium quantity?

  Why scarcity forces individuals to incur opportunity cost

a.)define the concept of economic models b.)define scarcity and choices and their relationship in the study of economics c.) why do economists disagree d.) Name and define economic resources or factors of production

  Consider that following short-run production function where

consider that following short-run production function where l variable input q outputq 10l - 0.5 l2suppose that

  Find the production possibilities frontier

Intermediate microeconomics- Find the production possibilities frontier for the Rancher. Define marginal rate of transformation. What is the marginal rate of transformation of meat for potatoes for the rancher?

  What scales of production does it exhibit economies of scale

The price of capital, labor and materials are r, w, and m respectively. (1) In the short run, the amount of capital is fixed at k=k0. What are the conditional demand functions for labor and materials in the short run? (2) what is the short run total ..

  Could justus sue successful for payment for entire contract

Investment rejects some of the furnishings because they do not match the plans, and subsequently refuses to allow Justus to finish the work or to col¬lect payment. Could Justus sue successfully for payment for the entire contract.

  What will price and ouput be if there is no dominant firm

What will price and ouput be if there is no dominant firm Now assume that there is a dominant firm, whose marginal cost is constant at $6. Derive the residualdemand curve that it faces and calculate ots profit-maximizing output and price.

  Would it matter if the bank simply refused to fill positions

Gorton is HIV positive. He is also has severe allergies. The medication he takes to control the debilitating effects of his allergies causes his nasal membranes to dry out, resulting in frequent nosebleeds. Even though his allergy medications cont..

  The crucial factor in the classical growth model

The crucial factor in the Classical Growth Model is the:

  Accused of monopoly behavior

You work for the company that is being accused of monopoly behavior, given its large size. Comparisons are made to the industry standard, where each establishment has on average about 15.1 employees.

Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd