Get quote & make Payment
what is Shortest-Remaining-Time (SRT) Scheduling?, Basic Computer Science
• The SRT is the preemptive complement of SJF and helpful in time-sharing environment.
• In SRT scheduling, the process with the least estimated run-time to completion is run next, counting new arrivals.
• In SJF scheme, once a job begins executing, it run to end.
• In SJF scheme, a running progression may be preempted by a new arrival process with shortest predictable run-time.
• The algorithm SRT has higher transparency than its counterpart SJF.
• The SRT must keep track of the beyond time of the running process and must grip occasional preemptions.
• In this scheme, advent of small processes will run almost without delay. on the other hand, longer jobs have even longer mean waiting time.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:35:44 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
what is Shortest-Remaining-Time (SRT) Scheduling?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on what is Shortest-Remaining-Time (SRT) Scheduling?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, what is Shortest-Remaining-Time (SRT) Scheduling? Discussions
Write discussion on what is Shortest-Remaining-Time (SRT) Scheduling?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Product of first n natural numbers-algorithm, Product of first n natural nu...
Product of first n natural numbers - Algorithm Working Procedure : 1. Take n = 8 2. Take I = 1 3. Take PROD = 1 4. Compute PROD = PROD * 1 5. add 1 to 1 6. If I≤ n, complete
What is microcontroller?, Microcontroller: A highly integrated microprocess...
Microcontroller: A highly integrated microprocessor designed specifically for use in embedded systems. Microcontrollers typically includes an integrated CPU, memory (a small amount
Surveying, describe the two fundament purpose of surveying
describe the two fundament purpose of surveying
What is atm cell, Header contains routing and error control information Pay...
Header contains routing and error control information Payload carries the actual user information, either voice, data or video
Netbooks, Netbooks: Netbooks are special type of Laptop which is very ...
Netbooks: Netbooks are special type of Laptop which is very light and small. Due to its size and weight it is very portable and one may carry it very easily. Dissimilar to La
Poset , 1. (40 points) Add a course drop method to the system that you impl...
1. (40 points) Add a course drop method to the system that you implemented in Problem Set 1. Modularize your new implementation properly. For any new methods that you introduce: 1.
Explain the working of bus connection, Question 1 Explain the working of B...
Question 1 Explain the working of Bus connection Question 2 Write a note on: Robotics and Voice Recognition Question 3 Describe the construction of CD-ROM Question 4
Types of printers, Types of Printers 1. Impact printers The impact...
Types of Printers 1. Impact printers The impact printers produce the image through a mechanism of striking on the stationary. 2. Line Printer This type of printer
#algorithm, #to determine whether given year is leap year or not
#to determine whether given year is leap year or not
Library function, Library function : These are the functions supplied...
Library function : These are the functions supplied with the programming language. The code or definition of library functions does not have to be written in a user program w
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.