What are the Problems in comes in SRS
There are numerous features which make requirements analysis difficult. These are explained below:
1. Complete requirements are difficult to uncover. In recent trends in engineering, processes are automated and it's practically impossible to understand the complete set of requirements during commencement of project itself.
2. Requirements are continuously generated. Defining complete set of requirements in starting is difficult. When system is put under run, new requirements are obtained and need to be added to system. However the project schedules are seldom adjusted to reflect these modifications. Otherwise, development of software would never commence.
3. General trends among software developer demonstrates that they have over dependence on CASE tools. However these tools are good helping agents, over reliance on these Requirements Engineering Tools may create false requirements. Hence the requirements corresponding to real system must be understood and only a realistic dependence on tools must be made.
4. Software projects are normally given tight project schedules. Pressure is created from customer side to hurriedly complete the project. This generally cuts down the time of requirements analysis phase that frequently lead to disaster(s).
5. Requirements Engineering is communication intensive. Developers and users have different vocabularies, psychology andprofessional backgrounds. User writes specifications in natural language and developer generally demands precise and well-specified requirement.
6. In present time, software development is market driven having high commercial aspect. Software developed must be a general purpose one to satisfy anonymous customer and then it is customised to suit a specific application.
7. Resources may not be enough to build software which fulfils all the customer's requirements. It is left to customer to prioritise the requirements and develop software fulfilling important requirements.