To design a VI that can be used to show how the voltage falls across a resistor in a simple CR circuit when excited by a step function.
The title of the VI will be Capacitor Resistor Plot (CRP).
The output from the VI will consist of two plots displayed on one XY graph. One plot will be the input wave Vin = Eu(t) (V) displayed from t = -10 (ms) to T1 (ms) The second plot will be the voltage across the capacitor VR = E.e -t/RC displayed from t = 0 to t = T1 (ms)
The VI will run continuously allowing all inputs to be varied.
The inputs to the VI will perform the following functions:
1. Set the number of points for the VR plot, default 100.
2. Set the final time T1 in (mS) default 50 (mS).
3. Set the resistor value in (Ω) default 500 (Ω).
4. Set the capacitor value in (μF) default 20 (μF).
5. Set the height of the input step function default 10(V).
The outputs from the VI will display the following:
1) The Time Constant T = R.C
2) The two plots on an XY graph as specified above.
A report that fully documents the operation of your software, explaining clearly how each section works. Any calculations performed during the execution of the VI will also need to be fully explained.
A working copy of the software submitted with the report on a CD. Marks will be awarded for good front panel and Block diagram design. It is recommended that at least one sub VI is employed.