Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
vibration , Other Engineering
ME 312 Project: Design for Vibration and Shock Suppression (Due Sunday 6/5/2012)
To protect the electronic control module from fatigue and breakage, it is desirable to isolate the module from the vibration or shock induced in the car body by road and engine vibration. See Figure 1.
Figure 1. A schematic vibration system.
Model this module vibration isolation system as a single-degree-of-freedom spring-mass-damper system with a moving base (Figure 1-b,c). The module ’s mass can be taken to be 0.5 kg. The car body on which the isolator mounted is modeled as the moving base. The base is subjected to harmonic or shock displacement conditions, y(t). The displacement excitations of the base can be approximated as
(a) (for harmonic loading) y(t)=(0.01)sin(200 t).
(b) (for shock loading )
i. y(t)=0.025 sin(100*p t) m for 0 < t < 0.01sec
ii. y(t)= 0 for t > 0.01 sec.
Objective and Constraints
Design a vibration and shock isolation systems (choose the parameters k and c for each system) to minimize module’s maximum displacement when subjected to the prescribed vibration and shock base excitation. Your design must also satisfy the following constraints:
(1) The maximum acceleration experienced by the hard drive should be less than 11g’s (g=9.8 m/s2) .
(2) Module’s static deflection (downward deflection caused by module weight) is less than 0.0050 m.
(3) k and c must be within the following ranges: 300 = k = 3500 N/m and 1= c = 500 N.s/m. Select k and c from Ref 2 if applicable or from a manufacturer catalog. Both k and c are assumed constants working at room temperature of 25oC.
Presentation of Results
In your report, include a table with your design choices for k and c and the resulting values of maximum deflection, maximum acceleration and static deflection.
In addition, create and show the following plots:
(1) Displacement ratio (T.R.) versus frequency ratio for harmonic loading only (similar to Figure 2.13 of Ref. 1).
(2) Force transmissibility versus frequency ratio for harmonic loading only (similar to Figure 2.14 of Ref. 1).
(3) Maximum acceleration versus frequency ratio.
(4) The displacement (x(t))) versus time. Plot it for at least 4 periods of oscillation.
(5) Use two values below and two values above the value you chose in your design.
(6) Compare the selected values of k and c for both loading conditions(i.e. for harmonic loading and shock loading). Are they similar? Why?
(1) Inman, D. J. Engineering Vibration, 3rd edition.
(2) Mechanical Properties of Rubber.
Posted Date: 4/8/2012 7:00:51 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
vibration , Assignment Help, Ask Question on vibration , Get Answer, Expert's Help, vibration Discussions
Write discussion on vibration
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Math modelling, As an engineering student, the ministry of energy and miner...
As an engineering student, the ministry of energy and minerals has tasked you to help them model equation(s) that can estimate the amount of crude oil in a reservoir. The governmen
Thermo electric thermometer, how thermoelecteric thermometer is contructed ...
how thermoelecteric thermometer is contructed and how it working
Biomechanics, i have homework in my biomechanics class
i have homework in my biomechanics class
Lightweight concrete ., type of materials used in lightweight concrete
type of materials used in lightweight concrete
Financial engeneering, “A swap bank has to entail certain risks which are i...
“A swap bank has to entail certain risks which are inherent to the swap business and are interrelated” Explain the risks involves in swap business.
Corporate finance., The firm is considering an investment opportunity. The ...
The firm is considering an investment opportunity. The investment falls in the same class of risk as the firm, the project is financed with equity and debt. Explain all the steps i
Basic electronics, A car battery is of 12 v. eight dry cells of 1.5 v each ...
A car battery is of 12 v. eight dry cells of 1.5 v each connected in series can give 12 v. but such cells are not used in starting a car. why?
Leverage, defination of leverage,objectives,enterpritation,analysis,conclus...
defination of leverage,objectives,enterpritation,analysis,conclusion,references,review of literature.
Asteroid belt, Why is there an asteroid belt? - Rocky planetismals survive...
Why is there an asteroid belt? - Rocky planetismals survived in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter because they did not grow together into a planet. - Jupiter’s gravity, t
Finance.., hi, I need to do this question but I couldn''t capable to do i...
hi, I need to do this question but I couldn''t capable to do it. so can you tell me how much money I can give you to be done? How would you value the price of a Microfinance I
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.