Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
assignment 2000 words, Operation Management
A. Practical application of concepts in a local organisation
• You are required to analyse and evaluate a key aspect of operations management covered in this subject, in either your own organisation or another business with which you are familiar. Note that if you are studying a specific stream in the BBA, such as tourism and hospitality, then this is an opportunity to apply operations management concepts to organisations and processes relevant to that stream. The key aspect of operations management could be an operational issue or problem based on a concept discussed in any of the ten topics of the subject e.g. inventory management, capacity planning, TQM, project management, lean synchronization, quality, improvement, and so on. The purpose of this analysis and evaluation is to: obtain details about the problem or issue; prepare a brief analysis of the problem using the relevant principles; and write a report with recommendations for improvement where possible. Your report should be brief, well written and presented, and capable of being given to the manager of the business as a serious recommendation for change. In your assignment report, you should provide the following information:
• Brief details of the company and the particular operations problem. Include reasons why the problem or issue is important to investigate. Its impact on the organisation’s processes could be demonstrated using a process flow chart or similar diagram to show the functional relationships.
? More specific details of the operational issue or problem that needs to be addressed. For example, this might include:
- key objectives and goals, success factors and performance measures for the issue in question
- opportunities or implications for changes to the way the problem is being managed now
- any critical resource implications or constraints
- critical operations issues affecting the problem such as process technologies, staffing, costs, etc.
? Your analysis of the problem using a concept covered in the subject.
©Australian Institute of Business. V7Feb13 - SCJ:2010:6ed 12
203OPER Operations 2 Subject Overview
? Your recommendations for improving the problem including comparisons of your recommendations against the current system, and details of changes needed to correct or improve the problem. Bear in mind that your recommendations should be potentially cost effective i.e. you must argue the changes from the point of view of their potential to improve cost, quality, output, productivity etc. (For example, do not just provide a wish list of recommendations that would be too costly or impractical to implement.)
? Make sure that you provide clear references to the concept(s) that you cover in your report so that the assignment examiner can verify your reasoning. To do this effectively, you should (correctly) cite the textbook where you refer to the concepts, and cite any other sources of information such as any reading from the supplied articles, or from the Internet.
• [Note that you may feel that the problem or operational issue is currently well managed and there is little that you can say about improvement. In this case, you should justify why you believe that the problem or issue is well managed and use the textbook concepts to support your reasoning.]
Posted Date: 3/12/2013 7:30:23 PM | Location : Ireland
Ask an Expert
assignment 2000 words, Assignment Help, Ask Question on assignment 2000 words, Get Answer, Expert's Help, assignment 2000 words Discussions
Write discussion on assignment 2000 words
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Explain repetitive focus and mass customization strategies, Provide and exp...
Provide and explain three or more common elements and three or more differences between repetitive focus and mass customization strategies.
Explain what are the causes of the quality problems, 1. What are the causes...
1. What are the causes of the quality problems on the Greasex line? Display your answer on a fishbone diagram. 2. What general steps should Hank follow in setting up a continuou
Challenges for operations managers - operation strategy, Challenges for Ope...
Challenges for Operations Managers - Operation Strategy Most products have several competitors today - from cars to university degrees. Current market forces appears to sugge
Explain negotiated union contract allows workers, A recently negotiated uni...
A recently negotiated union contract allows workers in a shipping department 21 minutes for rest, 12 minutes for personal time, and 15 minutes for delays for each four hours worked
Explain relevance in the departmentclosing decision, Toon Town Toy Company ...
Toon Town Toy Company is considering the elimination of its Packaging Department. Management has received an offer from an outside firm to supply all Toon Town's packaging needs. T
Introduction of operation management, Operations management is the manageme...
Operations management is the management of the productive resources of the firm which includes raw materials, human resources, land, equipment and facilities in the manufacture of
Explain reducing the project duration increases the risk, Take a position o...
Take a position on the following statement from the textbook author: "Reducing the project duration increases the risk of being late." Support your position
Explain management principles applicable to organizing, The American Red Cr...
The American Red Cross has been asked to oversee the clean-up efforts in Japan after the earthquake and tsunami that occurred in March 2011. Analyze the management principles appli
Explain what benefit would using the optimal order quantity, Garden Variety...
Garden Variety Flower Shop uses 760 clay pots a month. The pots are purchased at $2 each. Annual carrying costs per pot are estimated to be 30 percent of cost, and ordering costs a
Describe the rational you used for determining the factors, Select an indus...
Select an industry. Using the Porter's Five Forces of Competition, illustrate the forces to the industry you selected. Explain the rational you used for determining the necessary f
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.