Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
assignment 2000 words, Operation Management
A. Practical application of concepts in a local organisation
• You are required to analyse and evaluate a key aspect of operations management covered in this subject, in either your own organisation or another business with which you are familiar. Note that if you are studying a specific stream in the BBA, such as tourism and hospitality, then this is an opportunity to apply operations management concepts to organisations and processes relevant to that stream. The key aspect of operations management could be an operational issue or problem based on a concept discussed in any of the ten topics of the subject e.g. inventory management, capacity planning, TQM, project management, lean synchronization, quality, improvement, and so on. The purpose of this analysis and evaluation is to: obtain details about the problem or issue; prepare a brief analysis of the problem using the relevant principles; and write a report with recommendations for improvement where possible. Your report should be brief, well written and presented, and capable of being given to the manager of the business as a serious recommendation for change. In your assignment report, you should provide the following information:
• Brief details of the company and the particular operations problem. Include reasons why the problem or issue is important to investigate. Its impact on the organisation’s processes could be demonstrated using a process flow chart or similar diagram to show the functional relationships.
? More specific details of the operational issue or problem that needs to be addressed. For example, this might include:
- key objectives and goals, success factors and performance measures for the issue in question
- opportunities or implications for changes to the way the problem is being managed now
- any critical resource implications or constraints
- critical operations issues affecting the problem such as process technologies, staffing, costs, etc.
? Your analysis of the problem using a concept covered in the subject.
©Australian Institute of Business. V7Feb13 - SCJ:2010:6ed 12
203OPER Operations 2 Subject Overview
? Your recommendations for improving the problem including comparisons of your recommendations against the current system, and details of changes needed to correct or improve the problem. Bear in mind that your recommendations should be potentially cost effective i.e. you must argue the changes from the point of view of their potential to improve cost, quality, output, productivity etc. (For example, do not just provide a wish list of recommendations that would be too costly or impractical to implement.)
? Make sure that you provide clear references to the concept(s) that you cover in your report so that the assignment examiner can verify your reasoning. To do this effectively, you should (correctly) cite the textbook where you refer to the concepts, and cite any other sources of information such as any reading from the supplied articles, or from the Internet.
• [Note that you may feel that the problem or operational issue is currently well managed and there is little that you can say about improvement. In this case, you should justify why you believe that the problem or issue is well managed and use the textbook concepts to support your reasoning.]
Posted Date: 3/12/2013 7:30:23 PM | Location : Ireland
Ask an Expert
assignment 2000 words, Assignment Help, Ask Question on assignment 2000 words, Get Answer, Expert's Help, assignment 2000 words Discussions
Write discussion on assignment 2000 words
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Illustrate your discussion using a service organisation, Question 1: "Y...
Question 1: "Yield management guides the decision of how to allocate undifferentiated units of capacity to available demand in such a way as to maximize profit or revenue." Cri
Explain job evaluation, Explain Job Evaluation. A combination of short ...
Explain Job Evaluation. A combination of short statements which describe both the necessary requirements of the particular job and the work to be performed is termed as Job Eva
Define the break-even point for each range, A manager must decide how many ...
A manager must decide how many machines of a certain type to purchase. Each machine can process 100 customers per day. One machine will result in a fixed cost of $2000 per day, whi
Steps in layout planning and design, Steps in Layout Planning and Design ...
Steps in Layout Planning and Design For a given product at a stated volume of production a process most appropriate must be determined. The process that is determined like any
What is matrix organisation, What is Matrix organisation? Ans: A Mat...
What is Matrix organisation? Ans: A Matrix organisation is a combination of Project and functional organisation.
Explain the eight general strategies in the business buying, Describe the e...
Describe the eight general strategies in the business buying decision process.
Flow structure, what type
Explain writing the final case study and strategic plan, Read the Starbucks...
Read the Starbucks Global Quest 2006: Is the Best Yet to Come? Case provided in the Course Materials section. From the perspective of an executive with the firm, prepare a 10-12 pa
Explain supply base innovation and risk management, Why are supply base inn...
Why are supply base innovation and risk management two future areas that will consume more of the supply manager's day?
Explain what country is coffee originally from?, What country is coffee ori...
What country is coffee originally from?
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.