Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
assignment 2000 words, Operation Management
A. Practical application of concepts in a local organisation
• You are required to analyse and evaluate a key aspect of operations management covered in this subject, in either your own organisation or another business with which you are familiar. Note that if you are studying a specific stream in the BBA, such as tourism and hospitality, then this is an opportunity to apply operations management concepts to organisations and processes relevant to that stream. The key aspect of operations management could be an operational issue or problem based on a concept discussed in any of the ten topics of the subject e.g. inventory management, capacity planning, TQM, project management, lean synchronization, quality, improvement, and so on. The purpose of this analysis and evaluation is to: obtain details about the problem or issue; prepare a brief analysis of the problem using the relevant principles; and write a report with recommendations for improvement where possible. Your report should be brief, well written and presented, and capable of being given to the manager of the business as a serious recommendation for change. In your assignment report, you should provide the following information:
• Brief details of the company and the particular operations problem. Include reasons why the problem or issue is important to investigate. Its impact on the organisation’s processes could be demonstrated using a process flow chart or similar diagram to show the functional relationships.
? More specific details of the operational issue or problem that needs to be addressed. For example, this might include:
- key objectives and goals, success factors and performance measures for the issue in question
- opportunities or implications for changes to the way the problem is being managed now
- any critical resource implications or constraints
- critical operations issues affecting the problem such as process technologies, staffing, costs, etc.
? Your analysis of the problem using a concept covered in the subject.
©Australian Institute of Business. V7Feb13 - SCJ:2010:6ed 12
203OPER Operations 2 Subject Overview
? Your recommendations for improving the problem including comparisons of your recommendations against the current system, and details of changes needed to correct or improve the problem. Bear in mind that your recommendations should be potentially cost effective i.e. you must argue the changes from the point of view of their potential to improve cost, quality, output, productivity etc. (For example, do not just provide a wish list of recommendations that would be too costly or impractical to implement.)
? Make sure that you provide clear references to the concept(s) that you cover in your report so that the assignment examiner can verify your reasoning. To do this effectively, you should (correctly) cite the textbook where you refer to the concepts, and cite any other sources of information such as any reading from the supplied articles, or from the Internet.
• [Note that you may feel that the problem or operational issue is currently well managed and there is little that you can say about improvement. In this case, you should justify why you believe that the problem or issue is well managed and use the textbook concepts to support your reasoning.]
Posted Date: 3/12/2013 7:30:23 PM | Location : Ireland
Ask an Expert
assignment 2000 words, Assignment Help, Ask Question on assignment 2000 words, Get Answer, Expert's Help, assignment 2000 words Discussions
Write discussion on assignment 2000 words
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Why managing princibles still used today, Is Henri Fayol guide of the manag...
Is Henri Fayol guide of the managing princibles still used today or they outdated
Explain what role does tca play in the decision, 1. The chapter mentions th...
1. The chapter mentions the theory of transaction cost analysis (TCA). What role does TCA play in the decision to use a company sales force rather than independent manufacturers' a
Explain how you would use situational leadership, Describe how you would us...
Describe how you would use Situational Leadership to diagnose the situation and identify the appropriate leadership style.?
Find the probability of event, The probability of Event 1 is P and the prob...
The probability of Event 1 is P and the probability of Event 2 is (1-p),for what values of P would you choose A?B?C? Values in the table are payoffs. Choice /Event Event 1 Event2
Explain if overachievement is acceptable, If overachievement is acceptable,...
If overachievement is acceptable, the appropriate di+ variable can be dropped from the objective function.
Explain worldwide industry environment, Organizations are structured to tak...
Organizations are structured to take advantage of their inherent strengths and also to minimize their inherent weaknesses. For example, an organization may outsource its purchasing
Foreign direct investment in their countries, Describe some ways in which e...
Describe some ways in which emerging economies have benefited as a result of foreign direct investment in their countries by multinational enterprises. Multinational enterprise
Explain factors that are likely to create dramatic turns, Look into the fut...
Look into the future. Consider trends in society, technology, economics, environmentalism, and politics that can influence the future of W. L. Gore & Associates (Case 24) and Googl
Describe the difference between consumer products, Explain the difference b...
Explain the difference between consumer products and business products. Why are some products difficult to categorize as one or the other? Give an example of a business product, a
Lean Synhcronization, Explain how you woul eliminate waste through flexible...
Explain how you woul eliminate waste through flexible processes
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.