Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
assignment 2000 words, Operation Management
A. Practical application of concepts in a local organisation
• You are required to analyse and evaluate a key aspect of operations management covered in this subject, in either your own organisation or another business with which you are familiar. Note that if you are studying a specific stream in the BBA, such as tourism and hospitality, then this is an opportunity to apply operations management concepts to organisations and processes relevant to that stream. The key aspect of operations management could be an operational issue or problem based on a concept discussed in any of the ten topics of the subject e.g. inventory management, capacity planning, TQM, project management, lean synchronization, quality, improvement, and so on. The purpose of this analysis and evaluation is to: obtain details about the problem or issue; prepare a brief analysis of the problem using the relevant principles; and write a report with recommendations for improvement where possible. Your report should be brief, well written and presented, and capable of being given to the manager of the business as a serious recommendation for change. In your assignment report, you should provide the following information:
• Brief details of the company and the particular operations problem. Include reasons why the problem or issue is important to investigate. Its impact on the organisation’s processes could be demonstrated using a process flow chart or similar diagram to show the functional relationships.
? More specific details of the operational issue or problem that needs to be addressed. For example, this might include:
- key objectives and goals, success factors and performance measures for the issue in question
- opportunities or implications for changes to the way the problem is being managed now
- any critical resource implications or constraints
- critical operations issues affecting the problem such as process technologies, staffing, costs, etc.
? Your analysis of the problem using a concept covered in the subject.
©Australian Institute of Business. V7Feb13 - SCJ:2010:6ed 12
203OPER Operations 2 Subject Overview
? Your recommendations for improving the problem including comparisons of your recommendations against the current system, and details of changes needed to correct or improve the problem. Bear in mind that your recommendations should be potentially cost effective i.e. you must argue the changes from the point of view of their potential to improve cost, quality, output, productivity etc. (For example, do not just provide a wish list of recommendations that would be too costly or impractical to implement.)
? Make sure that you provide clear references to the concept(s) that you cover in your report so that the assignment examiner can verify your reasoning. To do this effectively, you should (correctly) cite the textbook where you refer to the concepts, and cite any other sources of information such as any reading from the supplied articles, or from the Internet.
• [Note that you may feel that the problem or operational issue is currently well managed and there is little that you can say about improvement. In this case, you should justify why you believe that the problem or issue is well managed and use the textbook concepts to support your reasoning.]
Posted Date: 3/12/2013 7:30:23 PM | Location : Ireland
Ask an Expert
assignment 2000 words, Assignment Help, Ask Question on assignment 2000 words, Get Answer, Expert's Help, assignment 2000 words Discussions
Write discussion on assignment 2000 words
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Variations in demand for its products, FIVE ways in which an organisation m...
FIVE ways in which an organisation might respond to variations in demand for its products. Five ways are:- Use of overtime working Use of part-time or casual labour Hi
Discuss regarding the interval estimate, Increasing the size of the samples...
Increasing the size of the samples in a study to estimate the difference between two population means will increase the level of confidence that a decision maker can have regarding
Describe the organizational design, 1) Define and discuss the advantages an...
1) Define and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of functional and matrix structures. 2) Define and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of cross-functional teams.
Describe how companies could benefit from increasing, Here Create one innov...
Here Create one innovative approach that is not discussed in the textbook for increasing the amount of innovation within a large company. Describe this approach in detail and expla
Investment Management Assignment, Prepare an in-depth report recommending t...
Prepare an in-depth report recommending the appropriate investment of AUD$3 million for a five year investment period for a particular investment client. The investment portfolio i
Explain entrepreneurial and machine bureaucracy, Find 5 organizations (one ...
Find 5 organizations (one that fits each of the below categories) and include the Web site link and the reason it fits the category: 1-Entrepreneurial 2-Machine bureaucracy
Analyzing a current OM technique, ind a scholarly journal article reporting...
ind a scholarly journal article reporting on one or more of the following techniques: business analytics, dashboards, decision support systems, predictive analytics, or supply chai
Explain what is cube per order index policy, What is Cube per order index p...
What is Cube per order index policy, and state any real life application to this warehouse policy.
Explain food supply chain quality management, Find and read the article lis...
Find and read the article listed below and then in a 3-4 page paper answer the following: Required Materials Aleda V Roth, Andy A Tsay, Madeleine E Pullman, John V Gray (2008, Jan)
Explain the upper or lower control limits for a mean chart, The overall ave...
The overall average on a process you are attempting to monitor is 50 units. the process standard deviation is 1.72. Determine the upper and lower control limits for a mean chart, i
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.