Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
assignment 2000 words, Operation Management
A. Practical application of concepts in a local organisation
• You are required to analyse and evaluate a key aspect of operations management covered in this subject, in either your own organisation or another business with which you are familiar. Note that if you are studying a specific stream in the BBA, such as tourism and hospitality, then this is an opportunity to apply operations management concepts to organisations and processes relevant to that stream. The key aspect of operations management could be an operational issue or problem based on a concept discussed in any of the ten topics of the subject e.g. inventory management, capacity planning, TQM, project management, lean synchronization, quality, improvement, and so on. The purpose of this analysis and evaluation is to: obtain details about the problem or issue; prepare a brief analysis of the problem using the relevant principles; and write a report with recommendations for improvement where possible. Your report should be brief, well written and presented, and capable of being given to the manager of the business as a serious recommendation for change. In your assignment report, you should provide the following information:
• Brief details of the company and the particular operations problem. Include reasons why the problem or issue is important to investigate. Its impact on the organisation’s processes could be demonstrated using a process flow chart or similar diagram to show the functional relationships.
? More specific details of the operational issue or problem that needs to be addressed. For example, this might include:
- key objectives and goals, success factors and performance measures for the issue in question
- opportunities or implications for changes to the way the problem is being managed now
- any critical resource implications or constraints
- critical operations issues affecting the problem such as process technologies, staffing, costs, etc.
? Your analysis of the problem using a concept covered in the subject.
©Australian Institute of Business. V7Feb13 - SCJ:2010:6ed 12
203OPER Operations 2 Subject Overview
? Your recommendations for improving the problem including comparisons of your recommendations against the current system, and details of changes needed to correct or improve the problem. Bear in mind that your recommendations should be potentially cost effective i.e. you must argue the changes from the point of view of their potential to improve cost, quality, output, productivity etc. (For example, do not just provide a wish list of recommendations that would be too costly or impractical to implement.)
? Make sure that you provide clear references to the concept(s) that you cover in your report so that the assignment examiner can verify your reasoning. To do this effectively, you should (correctly) cite the textbook where you refer to the concepts, and cite any other sources of information such as any reading from the supplied articles, or from the Internet.
• [Note that you may feel that the problem or operational issue is currently well managed and there is little that you can say about improvement. In this case, you should justify why you believe that the problem or issue is well managed and use the textbook concepts to support your reasoning.]
Posted Date: 3/12/2013 7:30:23 PM | Location : Ireland
Ask an Expert
assignment 2000 words, Assignment Help, Ask Question on assignment 2000 words, Get Answer, Expert's Help, assignment 2000 words Discussions
Write discussion on assignment 2000 words
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Design of products and services, the purpose of the design activity in comp...
the purpose of the design activity in companies is to come up with products/services which willsatisfy the needs of customers/clients. which one of the fololowing statements is inc
Why scheduling resources is important, Of the six reasons that scheduling r...
Of the six reasons that scheduling resources is important, select which one of the six reasons appears to be the top priority and justify your position.
Explain build the pilot project and then make a decision, Dan Reid, chief e...
Dan Reid, chief engineer at New Hampshire Chemical, Inc., has to decide whether to build a new state-of-art processing facility. If the new facility works, the company y could real
Explain project management is a strategic necessity, Project Management is ...
Project Management is a strategic necessity for the success of any business. Based on the reading in the chapters what do you think are the 5 most critical points in delivering suc
Explain what statistical test should you use to test, You are the manager o...
You are the manager of the Gander Mountain store in Frog town, Illinois. Recently, a customer mentioned that they believed your prices for ammunition were lower than the prices of
Explain industrial relations, Explain Industrial Relations. Industrial...
Explain Industrial Relations. Industrial Relations: it is that aspect of management that deals with the manpower of the enterprises where machine operators, skilled managers
Explain planning is the fundamental management function, 1. Planning is the...
1. Planning is the fundamental management function. Discuss how organizing and planning are related. 2. Using two examples, describe the different approaches used by companies/m
Describe the several components of inventory holding cost, Question: (a...
Question: (a) (i) What are the assumptions to be respected while deriving the Economic Order Quantity formula. (ii) Describe the several components of inventory holding c
Grumbling and unhappiness regarding arrangement changes, You are the manage...
You are the manager for ABC Company. You are planning to change the arrangement and design of the offices and work stations on your floor. This means your employees will have to re
Describe strategic goal and plan evaluation, Strategic Plan For this ass...
Strategic Plan For this assignment, you will need to choose a company that you have familiarity with or knowledge of their corporate structure and strategies. You may choose to
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.