Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
assignment 2000 words, Operation Management
A. Practical application of concepts in a local organisation
• You are required to analyse and evaluate a key aspect of operations management covered in this subject, in either your own organisation or another business with which you are familiar. Note that if you are studying a specific stream in the BBA, such as tourism and hospitality, then this is an opportunity to apply operations management concepts to organisations and processes relevant to that stream. The key aspect of operations management could be an operational issue or problem based on a concept discussed in any of the ten topics of the subject e.g. inventory management, capacity planning, TQM, project management, lean synchronization, quality, improvement, and so on. The purpose of this analysis and evaluation is to: obtain details about the problem or issue; prepare a brief analysis of the problem using the relevant principles; and write a report with recommendations for improvement where possible. Your report should be brief, well written and presented, and capable of being given to the manager of the business as a serious recommendation for change. In your assignment report, you should provide the following information:
• Brief details of the company and the particular operations problem. Include reasons why the problem or issue is important to investigate. Its impact on the organisation’s processes could be demonstrated using a process flow chart or similar diagram to show the functional relationships.
? More specific details of the operational issue or problem that needs to be addressed. For example, this might include:
- key objectives and goals, success factors and performance measures for the issue in question
- opportunities or implications for changes to the way the problem is being managed now
- any critical resource implications or constraints
- critical operations issues affecting the problem such as process technologies, staffing, costs, etc.
? Your analysis of the problem using a concept covered in the subject.
©Australian Institute of Business. V7Feb13 - SCJ:2010:6ed 12
203OPER Operations 2 Subject Overview
? Your recommendations for improving the problem including comparisons of your recommendations against the current system, and details of changes needed to correct or improve the problem. Bear in mind that your recommendations should be potentially cost effective i.e. you must argue the changes from the point of view of their potential to improve cost, quality, output, productivity etc. (For example, do not just provide a wish list of recommendations that would be too costly or impractical to implement.)
? Make sure that you provide clear references to the concept(s) that you cover in your report so that the assignment examiner can verify your reasoning. To do this effectively, you should (correctly) cite the textbook where you refer to the concepts, and cite any other sources of information such as any reading from the supplied articles, or from the Internet.
• [Note that you may feel that the problem or operational issue is currently well managed and there is little that you can say about improvement. In this case, you should justify why you believe that the problem or issue is well managed and use the textbook concepts to support your reasoning.]
Posted Date: 3/12/2013 7:30:23 PM | Location : Ireland
Ask an Expert
assignment 2000 words, Assignment Help, Ask Question on assignment 2000 words, Get Answer, Expert's Help, assignment 2000 words Discussions
Write discussion on assignment 2000 words
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Explain competitive strategy relate to value chain structure, How does comp...
How does competitive strategy relate to value chain structure?
Explain what is the recommended production rate, The forecasted demand for ...
The forecasted demand for fudge for the next four months is 140, 160, 90 and 70 pounds. A) What is the recommended production rate if a level strategy is adopted with no back order
Explain intrinsic motivation for southwest employees, 1. What is the organi...
1. What is the organizational culture of Southwest Airlines like? How does it affect the way the employees behave? 2. What are some potential sources of intrinsic motivation for
Type of process technologies - continuous of flow production, Type of Proce...
Type of Process Technologies - Continuous of Flow Production Continuous of Flow Production: Batch methods are characterized by the irregularity in the way the work is carried
When are the holding costs raised, When are the holding costs raised? H...
When are the holding costs raised? Holding cost rises while the size of order rises. It is since a higher level of average stock will be kept during the year. Thus holding cost
Explain what type of culture is desired, What type of culture is desired by...
What type of culture is desired by Mr. Good¬ night to meet his goals? Discuss.
Logical process modelling, What is logical process modelling? What is physi...
What is logical process modelling? What is physical modelling?
Describe methods to diagnose employee stress, Discuss methods to diagnose e...
Discuss methods to diagnose employee stress and the specific OD (organizational development practitioner) interventions aimed at alleviating it in the workplace.
Explain low quality leader-member exchange, 1) Discuss two factors that cou...
1) Discuss two factors that could affect what leadership style is most appropriate in a given situation. 2) Give an example of a manager who successfully or unsuccessful balanced c
Explain theories of scientific management, • Compare and contrast the theor...
• Compare and contrast the theories of scientific management with that of the human relations management approach. • Determine whether there is one best approach to management,
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.