Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Socket programming, computer science, Basic Computer Science
• No cheating will be tolerated.
• No late submissions.
Total Points for this programming assignment: 100
The goal of your programming assignment is to build and experiment with Distance Vector Routing Protocol (DVRP). In this assignment all nodes must be implemented on the same machine. Each node is identified by one or more port numbers.
1. Implement DVRP on top of UDP sockets to demonstrate the count-to-infinity problem with three nodes.
2. Add Poisoned-reverse to your code to show that the count-to-infinity problem is solved in the three node example used in the first part.
3. Construct a four node example to show that the count-to-infinity problem exists even after adding Poisoned-reverse.
To implement DVRP you need to define data structures for the distance vectors and the distance vector table. You are expected to keep the implementation simple and stay focused on solving the above three problems.
Note: You can start DVRP from a stable initial condition. You do not have to run the DVRP algorithm to reach an initial stable condition. In the second and the third part of the question you can also assume that the right Poisoned-reverse information is available at the nodes to begin with. What I would like to see is the DVRP message exchange and the changes in Distance vectors in the three cases when the link cost changes. The “right Poisoned-reverse information is available” means that the nodes have been informed about poisoned-reverse distances and your program does not have to worry about making the network nodes learn this information by exchanging messages.
The program(s) you hand in should work correctly and must be well documented. You should submit your programming assignment electronically using the handin command. Your submission should include the following:
1. The entire code containing in-line documentation.
2. A separate document of a page or two (at most) describing the solution separately for DVRP, overall program design, a verbal description of “how it works”, and design tradeoffs considered and made. Also describe possible improvements and extensions to your program (and sketch how they might be made).
3. A separate description of the tests you ran on your programs to convince yourself that they are indeed correct.
4. A plain text readmeDVRP.txt file describing how to run your programs.
5. The executable files of your programs.
6. A plain text files outputDVRP.txt containing sample outputs as required by the
works correctly 80% in-line documentation 5% exception handling 5%
Design Document 5% Thoroughness of test cases 5%
Electronic Submission - Turning in files using handin in the CADE
All programming assignments must be submitted on CADE machines using the handin command. To electronically submit files while logged in to a CADE machine, use:
% handin cs5480 assignment_name file_1 file_2 ...
cs5480 is the name of the class account (same for both cs5480 and cs6480 students), and assignment name (PA1, PA2, or PA3) is the name of the appropriate subdirectory in the handin directory. Use PA2 for this assignment.
Some other important points
• Every programming assignment of this course needs to be individually done by a student. No teaming or pairing is allowed.
• You need to program in one of the following three languages: C, C++, or Java
• Please do your assignment on CADE Lab machines only.
• Use port numbers in the range 6000 – 8000.
• readmeDVRP.txt – This file must contain compilation and running instructions
detailing how the TA should go about running your programs (are there any specific addresses/port numbers you have hard-coded, is there any specific order in which the executables must be executed, etc).
Posted Date: 3/20/2012 8:24:36 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Socket programming, computer science, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Socket programming, computer science, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Socket programming, computer science Discussions
Write discussion on Socket programming, computer science
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
REMOTE DESKTOP, I WANT TO CONNECT A PC WIYH MY PC THROUGH REMOTE DESKTOP. W...
I WANT TO CONNECT A PC WIYH MY PC THROUGH REMOTE DESKTOP. WHAT I DO TELL ME PLEASE
Project management, #Assignment 1: Project Management and Information Secur...
#Assignment 1: Project Management and Information Security Write a two to three (2-3) page paper that addresses the following: Explicate in detail the importance of project managem
System software, Name and explain the classifications of computers
Name and explain the classifications of computers
Create a queue, QUESTION (a) Give the representation of a queue as an a...
QUESTION (a) Give the representation of a queue as an abstract data type. (b) What is a priority queue? Give two types of priority queues. (c) The following program does
Ipx for lan, explain ipx for lan and spx
explain ipx for lan and spx
Compiler, Compiler A compiler is a special program which transla...
Compiler A compiler is a special program which translates programs written in high level language into machine language. The original program is called the source progra
Overview of a computer system, Overview of a Computer System The...
Overview of a Computer System There are three major elements in every computer solution. They are: Data Hardware Software Hardware + Softwa
Explain se process model objective, Question 1 Explain attributes, propert...
Question 1 Explain attributes, properties, and characteristics of system Question 2 What do understand from Organizational Aspects of System Life Cycles? Explain Question
Difference between an html and an xhtml page, QUESTION (a) Define four ...
QUESTION (a) Define four special target names use with the TARGET attribute (b) Explain the main difference between an HTML and an XHTML page (c) Give two merits and two
SCM, advantages of E-SCM?
advantages of E-SCM?
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.