Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Socket programming, computer science, Basic Computer Science
• No cheating will be tolerated.
• No late submissions.
Total Points for this programming assignment: 100
The goal of your programming assignment is to build and experiment with Distance Vector Routing Protocol (DVRP). In this assignment all nodes must be implemented on the same machine. Each node is identified by one or more port numbers.
1. Implement DVRP on top of UDP sockets to demonstrate the count-to-infinity problem with three nodes.
2. Add Poisoned-reverse to your code to show that the count-to-infinity problem is solved in the three node example used in the first part.
3. Construct a four node example to show that the count-to-infinity problem exists even after adding Poisoned-reverse.
To implement DVRP you need to define data structures for the distance vectors and the distance vector table. You are expected to keep the implementation simple and stay focused on solving the above three problems.
Note: You can start DVRP from a stable initial condition. You do not have to run the DVRP algorithm to reach an initial stable condition. In the second and the third part of the question you can also assume that the right Poisoned-reverse information is available at the nodes to begin with. What I would like to see is the DVRP message exchange and the changes in Distance vectors in the three cases when the link cost changes. The “right Poisoned-reverse information is available” means that the nodes have been informed about poisoned-reverse distances and your program does not have to worry about making the network nodes learn this information by exchanging messages.
The program(s) you hand in should work correctly and must be well documented. You should submit your programming assignment electronically using the handin command. Your submission should include the following:
1. The entire code containing in-line documentation.
2. A separate document of a page or two (at most) describing the solution separately for DVRP, overall program design, a verbal description of “how it works”, and design tradeoffs considered and made. Also describe possible improvements and extensions to your program (and sketch how they might be made).
3. A separate description of the tests you ran on your programs to convince yourself that they are indeed correct.
4. A plain text readmeDVRP.txt file describing how to run your programs.
5. The executable files of your programs.
6. A plain text files outputDVRP.txt containing sample outputs as required by the
works correctly 80% in-line documentation 5% exception handling 5%
Design Document 5% Thoroughness of test cases 5%
Electronic Submission - Turning in files using handin in the CADE
All programming assignments must be submitted on CADE machines using the handin command. To electronically submit files while logged in to a CADE machine, use:
% handin cs5480 assignment_name file_1 file_2 ...
cs5480 is the name of the class account (same for both cs5480 and cs6480 students), and assignment name (PA1, PA2, or PA3) is the name of the appropriate subdirectory in the handin directory. Use PA2 for this assignment.
Some other important points
• Every programming assignment of this course needs to be individually done by a student. No teaming or pairing is allowed.
• You need to program in one of the following three languages: C, C++, or Java
• Please do your assignment on CADE Lab machines only.
• Use port numbers in the range 6000 – 8000.
• readmeDVRP.txt – This file must contain compilation and running instructions
detailing how the TA should go about running your programs (are there any specific addresses/port numbers you have hard-coded, is there any specific order in which the executables must be executed, etc).
Posted Date: 3/20/2012 8:24:36 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Socket programming, computer science, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Socket programming, computer science, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Socket programming, computer science Discussions
Write discussion on Socket programming, computer science
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
What are anti-patterns, QUESTION Developers spend much more time extend...
QUESTION Developers spend much more time extending and changing code than they did originally while developing it. (a) As a team leader, illustrate how you will introduce to
Assembly, can you help me to do my assembly program homework
can you help me to do my assembly program homework
Ip basics, IP provide connectionless service to upper layer IP protocol is ...
IP provide connectionless service to upper layer IP protocol is very simple could not guarantee the reliability of transportations IP protocol is Point to Point IP provide the unif
MIS, information system providors
information system providors
Internal storage, Internal Storage: Internal storage is also known as ...
Internal Storage: Internal storage is also known as main, primary, or (for historical reasons) core storage, or, memory. It is used to hold those instructions and data require
Specify the steps to creating a powerpoint presentation, FUNDAMENTALS OF CO...
FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTERS 1. Describe the importance of video in multimedia. What are some of the tips to keep in mind while making video for the web? 2. Specify the steps t
What is deadlock ?Differentiate two types of resources ?, • A set of proce...
• A set of process is in a deadlock state if each process in the group is waiting for an event that can be caused by only another process in the set. In other words, each member of
Alternative approaches for acquiring software, Alternative approaches for a...
Alternative approaches for acquiring software: There are some alternative approaches for acquiring software. They are: i) 'off the shelf' software package ii) 'turnk
Explain kinematics modeling in virtual reality, Question 1 How can you cre...
Question 1 How can you create surface with 3D Scanner in geometric modeling? Question 2 Explain kinematics modeling in virtual reality Question 3 Describe object hierarc
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.