Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
R programm, statistics, Basic Statistics
1. Generate a large dataset ( at least 1000 observations) µ with a known mean, µ between 20 and 40 and variance s = 9 using rnorm(). identify it as D. Use the functions mean() and var() to get the mean and vaiance of the sample.
2. Use t.test(D, mu=0) to check if the mean of your realizations, ¯x is signi?cantly
different from zero, from µ1, and from (µ0:1).
3. produce a histogram for D with vertical lines at the 0.25
and the 97.5
4. generate 10 samples of 20, S1 .....S10 with random means using S1<- rnorm(20,runif(1,min=0,max
= 80)), then calculate means and variances for each.
5. Use t.test(D, S1) to check if the sample means for S1 .....S10 are likely to have come
from the same population as the large distribution D. This Stat Trek webpage is a
good source. You should be using 2-tailed tests.
6. Explain the difference between a one-tailed test and a two-tailed test.
7. Create two variables, x and y, where y is a deterministic linear function of x. Show
the formula you used.
8. Generate a plot of y against x.
9. Calculate the correlation between y and x.covariance of y and x.
10. Create a new variable, yRan, that is like y except that it contains some random noise.
11. Calculate the correlation between yRan and x and the covariance of yRan and x.
12. Add more noise to yRan. Calculate the covariance of yRan and x and the Pearsonian correlation coef?cient. State how adding more noise affects the correlation
13. Conduct the following experiment. Start with a deterministic function as in part 8
with a positive slope. Add some noise. Now systematically reduce the slope from
positive to negative, taking care to make quite a few observations near zero. Keep
the noise parameters constant. Make a table showing the slope vs the correlation
14. Plot the slope vs the correlation coef?cient from the previous question and say what
you learn from the exercise.
Posted Date: 3/6/2012 8:23:46 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
R programm, statistics, Assignment Help, Ask Question on R programm, statistics, Get Answer, Expert's Help, R programm, statistics Discussions
Write discussion on R programm, statistics
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Capital account stockholders proprietorship, Define of capital account refl...
Define of capital account reflecting the funds invested in an entity. Capital account is termed as the account reflecting the funds invested in the entity by the stockholders or pa
Determine the upper and lower control limits, You should show your work to ...
You should show your work to earn partial credit. You must show ALL of your work on the pages provided. There should be plenty of room to show your work on the page with each pro
Bonds payable, Bonds payable The face worth of bonds issued and honorary. ...
Bonds payable The face worth of bonds issued and honorary. In the case of zero-coupon bonds, however, and the only and the accreted value of the tie is reported as bonds owed on t
Role of accountant, What are the roles of accountant, let me know the caree...
What are the roles of accountant, let me know the career opportunity in accounting subject?
#title.business statistics, Test the null at 1? significance level
Test the null at 1? significance level
Historigram, difference between historigram and histogram
difference between historigram and histogram
Association of Attributes, In an examination 600 candidates appeared, boys ...
In an examination 600 candidates appeared, boys outnumbered girls by 16% of all candidates. number of passed candidates exceeded the number of failed candidates by 310. Boys failin
Feature of accounting transaction, Classification feature of Accounting Tra...
Classification feature of Accounting Transaction. Under the classification accountant posts the entries into their respective ledgers in the Accounts Books. Every Account entry
Managerial, Manchester Custom Fabricating Company uses a job order system. ...
Manchester Custom Fabricating Company uses a job order system. At the beginning of May, Manchester had two jobs in process, Job #22 (DM = $600 and DL = $780), and Job #23 (DM = $75
Introduction to finance and accounting, How can I use a balance sheet to do...
How can I use a balance sheet to do assignment with some adjustment? do I have to make transaction of each adjustment, and after that I change the balance sheet afterward?
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.