Depreciation to a Salvage Value of 0. For tax purposes an item may be depreciated over a period of several years, n. With the straight-line method of depreciation, each year the item depreciates by 1/nth of its original value. With the double-declining-balance method of depreciation, each year the item depreciates by 2/nths of its value at the beginning of that year. (In the last year, it is depreciated by its value at the beginning of the year.) Write a program that performs the following tasks:
(a) Requests a description of the item, the year of purchase, the cost of the item, the number of years to be depreciated (estimated life), and the method of depreciation. The method of depreciation should be chosen by clicking one of two buttons.
(b) Display a year-by-year depreciation schedule for the item similar to the schedule shown below.
Your program should contain the following programming techniques:
- Come up with a proper user interface that accepts input and shows output.
- Add comments to explain definitions and variables.
- Rename the form as frmDepreciation.
- Use a text box input to input each value.
- Use a list box to output the results.
- Rename all the controls to have a descriptive name (ie: lblCost, txtNumOfYears, lstDepreciation)
- Use fmtStr for output alignment.
- Clear the output list box before displaying deprecation schedule.
- Use Courier New font to help with the alignment.
- Use one subroutine to input data under each depreciation type.
- Use one subroutine to display the headings (first five lines)
- Use a Boolean data type to test the depreciation type.
- Use a format string for depreciation schedule output alignment.
- Use a subroutine to show depreciation schedule.
Formula: Straight Line Depreciation = (1 / num of years) * value
Formula: Double Declining Depreciation = 2 / num of years * value until last year. The last year of depreciation is equal to balance at the beginning of the last year.
- Use a loop to calculate and display for each year of depreciation
Do - While or Do - Until
- Title the window as "yourLastName's Depreciation to a Salvage Value of O".
Double click on the form title and add the following comments under:
Public Class frmDepreciation
Name: Your Name
Date: Current date
You need to write a breif description for the purpose of the program.