Collaborative Learning Community:
a) Literature Review Presentation
i) In this assignment, the instructor will place the students into groups. You will be required to work together to come up with the answers to the given task. Prepare a single group PowerPoint presentation. The group should;
(1) Choose a cardiopulmonary problem from current practice, and identify a possible solution to that problem. Pulmonary Embolism
(2) Conduct a search of the literature related to this problem and solution. You should include four to five scholarly sources. Please use articles published within the last 5 years. I think that since there are 4 of us, we should each find an article related to our problem.
(3) Analyze and critically appraise evidence-based literature to support the solution to the identified problem. ALL
(4) Prepare 20-25 slides-the PowerPoint presentation should not exceed 5 MB-related to the findings of your literature review. If we all provide about 4 slides, I think that would be good so that we have room for the title slide, the reference slide, the intro, and the RU/EBP comparison.
(5) Use the notes section at the bottom of each slide to provide the narration that corresponds to each slide.
(6) The PowerPoint presentation should:
(a) Begin by explaining the cardiopulmonary problem you have identified and your proposed solution. 1st slide
(b) Use this problem and solution to illustrate your position, and differentiate between research utilization and evidence-based practice. 2nd slide
(c) Create four to five slides (one for each reference) with information from each journal article on your subject of choice. Each slide should include an APA-formatted reference and a brief summary of the subject in that reference. My idea is that we each submit info on the article we have researched. One of our slides will be used for describing what is mentioned in section "c" (just above in black).
(d) Include an explanation of the integration of the findings and how they support your proposed solution to the cardiopulmonary problem you have identified. I think the rest of our 3 slides should be used to describe the findings and how they support our solution.
(e) Include a reference page slide. Final slide with everyone's input on the sources they used.
(f) Include all slide notes, background materials, etc., when submitting your presentation.
(g) Refer to Resource 1: Literature Review Presentation Grading Rubric.
ii) Submit the assignment to the instructor by Saturday, September 10.
Here is what I think will work out well. I am totally open to suggestions for change, etc.
All group members: Research an article that refers to the group's chosen CP problem that identifies a possible solution. Create 4-5 "slides" that include the "note" section, about the problem, the articles findings, etc...as mentioned above in our project guidelines. Sandra, Laura, Shera, Kelsey
1 group member: Put the power point together Kelsey
1 group member: Create first slide that explains "a", that is described above Volunteer needed!
1 group member: Create slide that explains "b", that is described above Volunteer needed!
Let me know what you all think. It's nice to keep things organized enough so that everyone knows what's going on. As far as compiling all of our information into the powerpoint, I think it would be a good idea to post our information in a word document. An example would be:
All your info for slide 1 (not very wordy)
Lecture notes for slide 1:
All your lecture notes to place at the bottom of your slide.
Then, I can copy and paste everyone's information into our powerpoint rather than dealing with 4 different powerpoints and then trying to put them together. Is that alright with everyone? Please, let me know what you think or have other ideas! Thanks!