Objectives of ISO 9000
The basic objectives of ISO 9000are :
1. To facilitate international trade of goods and services.
2. To obtain competitiveness by obtaining required quality in a cost effective way.
The above objectives are achieved by the following means:
1. Promoting a single third party assessment of quality standard
2. Becoming pat of a national regional international quality standard.
3. Encouraging bilateral and multinational agreements in trade technology and manufacture.
4. Helping industries improve their quality standards.
5. Promoting total quality control ( TQC ) systems .