There are many properties are associated with interconnection networks:-
1) Topology: It signify how the nodes a network are organised. A variety of topologies are discussed in Section 3.5.
2) Network Diameter: It is the smallest distance between the farthest nodes in a network. The distance is calculated in terms of number of distinct hops among any two nodes.
3) Node degree: Number of edges linked with a node is called node degree. If the edge takes data from the node, it is said out degree and if this carries data into the node it is said in degree.
4) Bisection Bandwidth: Number of edges necessary to be cut to split a network into two halves is called bisection bandwidth.
5) Latency: It is the waiting in transferring the message between two nodes.