In selection of material handling equipment itself Hageman indicates that the final consideration are:
1. Methods of Installation: Operating controls should be accessible adjustments and repairs easy to make and provision made for later changes and additions.
2. Design of the Equipment of System :It should have the required strength rigidity capacity etc.
3. Application of Power: A wide choice is available between electric gaseline steam and air and hydraulic through variable speed transmission.
4. Methods of Operation : It should be capable of operating effectively at average capacity or heavy over loads and under both normal and abnormal conditions.
5. Standardization of Equipments : this makes it possible to carry sufficient spare parts without building up an excessive spare parts inventory, and makes economically feasible some duplication of apparatus for interchange ability of units.
6. Maintenance and Repair of Equipment : Provision should be made for systematic inspection cleaning adjustment lubrication and repair of equipment.
7. Application of automatic Control Devices : There are many available to meet specific needs such as safety steps and micro levellers fo elevators limit switches for cranes selectors for gravity feed conveyors automatic filing regulators for conveyors and electronic controls for a wide variety of equipment.