Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Line balancing, Operation Management
What do you understand by “line balancing”? What happens if balance doesn’t exist
Posted Date: 2/5/2013 2:41:59 AM | Location : USA
Ask an Expert
- Line: an assembly line composed of various work stations, at which particular operations are performed.
- To work efficiently, with no work pile-ups between stations, the line must be balanced, for example work must get through each workstation in roughly similar amount of time.
1. To meet production goals,
2. Maximize output.
General Approaches to Line Balancing Technique
1. Estimating number of operators for a specific number of stations,
2. Work element sharing: grouping “activities” each work elements into “stations” or jobs performed by a single person (occasionally multiple people work in concert at a single station or machine)
| Posted Date: 2/12/2013 7:11:10 AM
Line balancing, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Line balancing, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Line balancing Discussions
Write discussion on Line balancing
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Explain about the organization and its resources, 1. How to characterize yo...
1. How to characterize your supervisor's approach to management? For example, which particular management tasks and roles does this person perform most often? What kinds of managem
Describe different steps needed for proper decision making, Question: O...
Question: Oceania Hospitals has recorded demand for heart transplant surgery over the past few years. The data is given in the following table: a) You have been hired
Draw a chart by writing operations management, Create a chart by writing "o...
Create a chart by writing "operations management" and "business strategy" beside each other and leaving room between the headings to draw/write. Using arrows to designate direction
Explain the employer is not vulnerable to a charge, Albert is an assistant ...
Albert is an assistant store manager for a national discount retailer. When Albert was denied a promotion to store manager he filed a claim based on religious discrimination with t
Explain the food stamp and fast foods, Case Study- Food Stamp and Fast Food...
Case Study- Food Stamp and Fast Foods 1. What is the the legal issues involved in the expansion of the SNAP program to the fast food business as well as to how these legal issue
Explain purposes of performance management, 1) Which purposes of performanc...
1) Which purposes of performance management did the appraisals described in this case fulfil? Which purposes did they not fulfil? 2) How can managers and HR departments minimize th
Strengths and weaknesses of a tiny family owned restaurant, Assume you work...
Assume you work for a family owned restaurant, WHAT ARE some of the typical strengths and weaknesses of a small family owned restaurant? What types of opportunities and threats wou
Explain what is the annual holding cost, Your company manufactures turbine ...
Your company manufactures turbine blades for engines in production batches for each type. For one type of blade, the A39T, you have an annual demand of 10,000 units. It costs you $
Explain constant need of trained employees, (EOQ model) Division X is growi...
(EOQ model) Division X is growing and is in constant need of trained employees. The demand rate for trained employees is relatively constant at 5 each month. The division can run a
How various hours of production time would you schedule, For the four basic...
For the four basic configurations that follow, assume that the market is demanding product that must be processed by both Resource X and Resource Y for Cases I, II and III. For Cas
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.