1. It is hard even for a highly skilled experts to abstract good situational assessment when he is under time pressure.
2. Expert systems perform well with specific types of operational and analytical tasks.
3. The designing and construction of expert system require expert engineering they are rare and expensive. This limitation makes an experts system very costly.
4. Expert systems excel only in solving specified type of problems in a limited domain of knowledge .
5. The vocabulary that experts use of expressing facts and relations is frequently limited.
6. Another limitation is that most experts have no independent means of checking whether these conclusions are reasonable or not.
7. The approach of each expert to the assessment often situation may different yet it may be cored.
8. Experts systems are comparatively costly to develop and maintain.