- Labor Productivity and Standard of Living
- Consumption can increase if productivity increases.
- Determinants of Productivity
* Trends in Productivity
1) U.S. productivity is growing at the slower rate than the other countries.
2) Productivity growth in the developed countries has been decreasing.
* Explanations for Productivity Growth Slowdown
1) Growth in stock of capital is primary determinant of growth in productivity.
2) Rate of capital accumulation in U.S. was slower than other developed countries as the others were rebuilding after WWII.
3) Depletion of the natural resources
4) Environment regulations