Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
JET Copies Case Problem, Applied Statistics
Read the “JET Copies” Case Problem on pages 678-679 of the text. Using simulation estimate the loss of revenue due to copier breakdown for one year, as follows:
1. In Excel, use a suitable method for generating the number of days needed to repair the copier, when it is out of service, according to the discrete distribution shown.
2. In Excel, use a suitable method for simulating the interval between successive
breakdowns, according to the continuous distribution shown.
3. In Excel, use a suitable method for simulating the lost revenue for each day the copier is out of service.
4. Put all of this together to simulate the lost revenue due to copier breakdowns over 1 year to answer the question asked in the case study.
5. In a word processing program, write a brief description/explanation of how you
implemented each component of the model. Write 1-2 paragraphs for each component of the model (days-to-repair; interval between breakdowns; lost revenue; putting it
6. Answer the question posed in the case study. How confident are you that this answer is a MAT540 Student Version 201005 Page 6 of 19 good one? What are the limits of the study? Write at least one paragraph.
There are two deliverables for this Case Problem, the Excel spreadsheet and the written
description/explanation. Please submit both of them electronically via the dropbox
Posted Date: 1/26/2013 8:23:35 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Solve the normal distribution problem, Assume that the normal distribution ...
Assume that the normal distribution applies and find the critical z value(s). A = 0.04; H1 is mean ≠ 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Dteremine the value of Z. Find the value of the
Explain survey development process, Problem: A survey usually originate...
Problem: A survey usually originates when an individual or an institution is confronted with an information need and the existing data are insufficient. Planning the questionn
Estimation error on apparent arbitrage, This question explores the effect o...
This question explores the effect of estimation error on apparent arbitrage opportunities in a controlled simulation setting. We simulate returns for N = 10 assets over T = 30 year
Multiple correspondence analysis, Correspondence Analysis (CA) is a general...
Correspondence Analysis (CA) is a generalization of PCA to contingency tables. The factors of correspondence analysis give an orthogonal decomposi:ion of the Chi- square associated
Half of market share, Your company has developed a new product .Your compan...
Your company has developed a new product .Your company is a reputed company with 50% market share of same range of products. Your competitors also come with their new products equa
Describe the opportunities for statistical learning, 1. Recognize and expla...
1. Recognize and explain the opportunities for statistical learning. 2. Describe how the use of statistics supports student learning. 3. Recognize appropriate data displays a
Regression, The 4 assumptions of regression: 1. Variables are norm...
The 4 assumptions of regression: 1. Variables are normally distributed 2. Linear relationship between the independent and dependent variables 3. Homosced
Probability of remaining paint free, In a three-cornered paint ball duel, A...
In a three-cornered paint ball duel, A, B, and C successively take shots at each other until only one of them remains paint free. The three paint ballers have different probabiliti
Normal probability plots, The Null Hypothesis - H0: The random errors will...
The Null Hypothesis - H0: The random errors will be normally distributed The Alternative Hypothesis - H1: The random errors are not normally distributed Reject H0: when P-v
Pattie-lynns utility function, Pattie-Lynn's utility function for total as...
Pattie-Lynn's utility function for total assets is, in which A represents total assets in thousands of dollars. (a) Graph Pattie-Lynn's utility function. How would y
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.