Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Basic Computer Science
Round robin (RR) is one of the simplest, oldest, fairest and most extensively used algorithms.
• In the round robin scheduling, processes are posted in a FIFO manner but are given a limited amount of CPU time known as a time-slice or a quantum.
• If a process does not complete previous to its CPU-time expires, the CPU is preempted and given to the next process waiting in a queue. The preempted process is then positioned at the back of the ready list.
• Round Robin Scheduling is preemptive (at the end of time-slice) consequently it is effective in time-sharing environments in which the system needs to assurance reasonable response times for interactive users.
• The only interesting matter with round robin scheme is the length of the quantum. Putting the quantum too short causes too many context switches and lower the CPU competence. Conversely, setting the quantum too long may cause poor response time and approximates FCFS.
• In any occurrence, the average waiting time under round robin scheduling is often fairly long.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:10:31 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ? Discussions
Write discussion on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Definition of Internal hardware interruptions, Internal interruptions are...
Internal interruptions are produced by convinced events which come during the execution of a program. These types of interruptions are handled on their totality by the hardware and
Netlogo, Do you have expert can deal with netlogo
Do you have expert can deal with netlogo
Concept of instruction, Concept of instruction: The CPU is a semicondu...
Concept of instruction: The CPU is a semiconductor integrated circuit chip consisting of a large number of transistors. In personal computers, the CPU is also referred by the
What are the uses of the internet, Question 1 What are many of the modern ...
Question 1 What are many of the modern browsers in use today? Describe all in detail Question 2 Write a long note on the uses of Domain Names Question 3 What are the use
Normalization, how we come to know about primary key,if more than ids gathe...
how we come to know about primary key,if more than ids gather?
ToDoMenu, In this assignment, you should create a class called ToDoMenu whi...
In this assignment, you should create a class called ToDoMenu which has a main method that contains the code that implements a command-line menu for managing a collection of ToDoIt
Introduction to FCB , There are two kinds of FCB, the normal, whose length...
There are two kinds of FCB, the normal, whose length is 37 bytes and the expanded one of 44 bytes. The FCB is created of data given by the programmer and by data which it takes dir
Line decoders, number of 4 to 16 line decoders required to get 8 lto 256 li...
number of 4 to 16 line decoders required to get 8 lto 256 line decoder
Qbasic, write a program of circle of any colour
write a program of circle of any colour
Help with this question, In a certain word game a player can buy vowels and...
In a certain word game a player can buy vowels and consonants. The first vowel is free; each additional vowel cost $1. The first two consonants are free; each additional constant c
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.