Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Basic Computer Science
Round robin (RR) is one of the simplest, oldest, fairest and most extensively used algorithms.
• In the round robin scheduling, processes are posted in a FIFO manner but are given a limited amount of CPU time known as a time-slice or a quantum.
• If a process does not complete previous to its CPU-time expires, the CPU is preempted and given to the next process waiting in a queue. The preempted process is then positioned at the back of the ready list.
• Round Robin Scheduling is preemptive (at the end of time-slice) consequently it is effective in time-sharing environments in which the system needs to assurance reasonable response times for interactive users.
• The only interesting matter with round robin scheme is the length of the quantum. Putting the quantum too short causes too many context switches and lower the CPU competence. Conversely, setting the quantum too long may cause poor response time and approximates FCFS.
• In any occurrence, the average waiting time under round robin scheduling is often fairly long.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:10:31 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ? Discussions
Write discussion on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Jsp project, how to save a Vector theList to a .txt file and read that .t...
how to save a Vector theList to a .txt file and read that .txt file to a jsp page /??
Algorithm implementation, Implementing the -Crochemore-Perrin algorithm Th...
Implementing the -Crochemore-Perrin algorithm The software must be functional, code must be clear and including comments and it must have a nice and decent user interface
Write the steps to use the network setup wizard, Problem Write the step...
Problem Write the steps to use the Network setup wizard. Elaborate the optional subcomponents in the windows component wizard. 1. Click Next to skip past the Welcome screen.
A* search-artificial intelligence, A* Search-Artificial intelligence: ...
A* Search-Artificial intelligence: A* search combines the best parts of uniform cost search that called the fact that it's optimal and complete, and the best parts of gre
Concept of operating system, Concept of operating system: An operating...
Concept of operating system: An operating system is an essential software component of a computer system. The basic objectives of an operating system are to make the computer
Need of operating system, Need of operating system: What kind of facil...
Need of operating system: What kind of facilities operating system provides to the users and programs: The operating system provides interfaces for the user (keyboard, m
Language of digital computers, Language of Digital Computers: Digital ...
Language of Digital Computers: Digital computers are electronic devices which operate on two valued logic (On and OFF). The ability of a transistor to act as a switch is the k
What are search engines, QUESTION 1 What are search engines? QUESTI...
QUESTION 1 What are search engines? QUESTION 2 Write short notes on the inverted file. QUESTION 3 Write short notes on: (i) Derivative indexing (also known a
Describe 3 components of a pattern, QUESTION (a) Compare the adapter pa...
QUESTION (a) Compare the adapter pattern with the façade and decorator patterns. (b) Illustrate a two-way adapter pattern. (c) Describe 3 components of a pattern. (d)
Create a flowchart that displays the student''s avera, Ask questiCreate a f...
Ask questiCreate a flowchart that displays the student''s average score for three quizzes. + Assume that there are 3 sections each having 5 students + The only valid number to be
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.