Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Basic Computer Science
Round robin (RR) is one of the simplest, oldest, fairest and most extensively used algorithms.
• In the round robin scheduling, processes are posted in a FIFO manner but are given a limited amount of CPU time known as a time-slice or a quantum.
• If a process does not complete previous to its CPU-time expires, the CPU is preempted and given to the next process waiting in a queue. The preempted process is then positioned at the back of the ready list.
• Round Robin Scheduling is preemptive (at the end of time-slice) consequently it is effective in time-sharing environments in which the system needs to assurance reasonable response times for interactive users.
• The only interesting matter with round robin scheme is the length of the quantum. Putting the quantum too short causes too many context switches and lower the CPU competence. Conversely, setting the quantum too long may cause poor response time and approximates FCFS.
• In any occurrence, the average waiting time under round robin scheduling is often fairly long.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:10:31 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ? Discussions
Write discussion on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Printers, Printers: Printers: Printers exist in a variety of forms: ...
Printers: Printers: Printers exist in a variety of forms: Line Printers: These have been widely used for many years in large computer installations. They are design
Determine recursive c function computes, QUESTION (a) Give the two cond...
QUESTION (a) Give the two conditions required by a binary tree of depth d to be an almost complete binary tree. (b) Determine what the following recursive C function compute
What are the features of microprocessor ?, Previously two sections the fund...
Previously two sections the fundamentals of the workings and architecture of the central processing unit has been explained. There has been a common look at easy processor architec
Software Engineering, You are an engineer involved in the development of a ...
You are an engineer involved in the development of a financial system. During installation, you discover that this system will make a significant number of people redundant. The pe
Choice of medium - transmission channels, Choice of Medium: All the tr...
Choice of Medium: All the transmission channels discussed in the foregoing paragraphs can be used as point to point connections or as broadcast systems. Transmitting informati
Traditional business cycle, what is traditional business cycle
what is traditional business cycle
Write this ARM assemble language program, Programming Assignment CS252 Spri...
Programming Assignment CS252 Spring 2014 Write an ARM assembly language subroutine that performs according to the following specification (Caesar cypher). Given a mixed case al
Python Tuples , A tuple is one more series data type that is like to the li...
A tuple is one more series data type that is like to the list. A tuple consists of a number of values divided by commas. Not like lists, though, tuples are enclosed inside parenthe
Which port does FTP uses, Why is it called out of band protocol? A1) FTP us...
Why is it called out of band protocol? A1) FTP uses port 20 and port 21; port 20 is used for data connection, whereas port 21 is used for control connection. FTP is known as out-of
CAI EXPLANATION, What is CAI? Explain its pitfalls
What is CAI? Explain its pitfalls
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.