Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Basic Computer Science
Round robin (RR) is one of the simplest, oldest, fairest and most extensively used algorithms.
• In the round robin scheduling, processes are posted in a FIFO manner but are given a limited amount of CPU time known as a time-slice or a quantum.
• If a process does not complete previous to its CPU-time expires, the CPU is preempted and given to the next process waiting in a queue. The preempted process is then positioned at the back of the ready list.
• Round Robin Scheduling is preemptive (at the end of time-slice) consequently it is effective in time-sharing environments in which the system needs to assurance reasonable response times for interactive users.
• The only interesting matter with round robin scheme is the length of the quantum. Putting the quantum too short causes too many context switches and lower the CPU competence. Conversely, setting the quantum too long may cause poor response time and approximates FCFS.
• In any occurrence, the average waiting time under round robin scheduling is often fairly long.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:10:31 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ? Discussions
Write discussion on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Encoders, compare encoders and multiplers
compare encoders and multiplers
A* search-artificial intelligence, A* Search-Artificial intelligence: ...
A* Search-Artificial intelligence: A* search combines the best parts of uniform cost search that called the fact that it's optimal and complete, and the best parts of gre
Pep8, Write an Assembly program that reads an integer (-32,768 through 32,7...
Write an Assembly program that reads an integer (-32,768 through 32,767) in decimal and prints its equivalent in binary. The output must show all 16 bits. And you must use a loop
Pyhon''s Multi-Line Statements , Statements in Python classically end with ...
Statements in Python classically end with a new line. Python does, though, permit the use of the line continuation character (\) to denote that the line should continue. Illustrati
SCM, advantages of E-SCM?
advantages of E-SCM?
The terms ''row-major order'' and ''column-major order", What is meant by t...
What is meant by the terms 'row-major order' and 'column-major order'? Ans: (i) Storing the array column by column is called as column-major order and storing the array row by
Indexing a page on internet, Indexing a page on internet: Once, the sp...
Indexing a page on internet: Once, the spiders have completed the task of finding information about Web pages, the search engine must store the information in such way that yo
CAI, what is CAI? explain its pitfalls.
what is CAI? explain its pitfalls.
What are the features of microprocessor ?, Previously two sections the fund...
Previously two sections the fundamentals of the workings and architecture of the central processing unit has been explained. There has been a common look at easy processor architec
Education and society, mention the aims of education in present scenario
mention the aims of education in present scenario
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.