Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Basic Computer Science
Round robin (RR) is one of the simplest, oldest, fairest and most extensively used algorithms.
• In the round robin scheduling, processes are posted in a FIFO manner but are given a limited amount of CPU time known as a time-slice or a quantum.
• If a process does not complete previous to its CPU-time expires, the CPU is preempted and given to the next process waiting in a queue. The preempted process is then positioned at the back of the ready list.
• Round Robin Scheduling is preemptive (at the end of time-slice) consequently it is effective in time-sharing environments in which the system needs to assurance reasonable response times for interactive users.
• The only interesting matter with round robin scheme is the length of the quantum. Putting the quantum too short causes too many context switches and lower the CPU competence. Conversely, setting the quantum too long may cause poor response time and approximates FCFS.
• In any occurrence, the average waiting time under round robin scheduling is often fairly long.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:10:31 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ? Discussions
Write discussion on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Explain process creation and process termination, Question 1 Explain diffe...
Question 1 Explain different functions of an operating system. Explain the evolution of operating systems Question 2 Explain process creation and process termination Ques
Central processing unit (cpu), Central Processing Unit (CPU): The CPU ...
Central Processing Unit (CPU): The CPU is the physical device that controls computer operations. It is considered as the 'brain' of the computer system. The CPU comprises thre
What do you mean by an interrupt, Question 1 . Explain briefly the function...
Question 1 . Explain briefly the functional units of a computer Question 2 . What do you mean by an interrupt Question 3 . Explain fetching a word from the memory
Explain the raster scan display system, Question 1 Explain boundary fill a...
Question 1 Explain boundary fill and flood fill polygon filling algorithm Question 2 Draw and explain the block diagram of typical workstation Question 3 Explain the ras
Definition of algorithm , Definition of Algorithm An algorithm is a ...
Definition of Algorithm An algorithm is a design or plan of obtaining a solution to a problem. The solution is presented by listing all steps in which they are carried out.
Define Twisted Pair Cables , Twisted pair cables comes in two appearance :...
Twisted pair cables comes in two appearance : Unshielded twisted pair cable : UTP : UTP cables is the most common types of telecommunication medium used today. Its frequency range
What is microcontroller?, Microcontroller: A highly integrated microprocess...
Microcontroller: A highly integrated microprocessor designed specifically for use in embedded systems. Microcontrollers typically includes an integrated CPU, memory (a small amount
Explain the concept of knowledge discovery in database, Question 1 Explain...
Question 1 Explain the concept of knowledge discovery in database Question 2 Discuss the following types of Multidimensional Data Models Stars, Snowflakes and
Fundamental of algorithm, exchanging the two variables: problem,algorithm d...
exchanging the two variables: problem,algorithm development,discription
Networking, what is Metropolitan area network?
what is Metropolitan area network?
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.