Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Basic Computer Science
Round robin (RR) is one of the simplest, oldest, fairest and most extensively used algorithms.
• In the round robin scheduling, processes are posted in a FIFO manner but are given a limited amount of CPU time known as a time-slice or a quantum.
• If a process does not complete previous to its CPU-time expires, the CPU is preempted and given to the next process waiting in a queue. The preempted process is then positioned at the back of the ready list.
• Round Robin Scheduling is preemptive (at the end of time-slice) consequently it is effective in time-sharing environments in which the system needs to assurance reasonable response times for interactive users.
• The only interesting matter with round robin scheme is the length of the quantum. Putting the quantum too short causes too many context switches and lower the CPU competence. Conversely, setting the quantum too long may cause poor response time and approximates FCFS.
• In any occurrence, the average waiting time under round robin scheduling is often fairly long.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:10:31 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ? Discussions
Write discussion on how Round robin scheduling algorithm is useful than others ?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Write separate programs for each of the above points, Question 1 Describe ...
Question 1 Describe the following with respect to creating Web Forms in .Net environment- Web Form Life Cycle Creating a Web Form Write programs with corresponding
Explain briefly about gnome desktop, Question 1 Brief about the shells of ...
Question 1 Brief about the shells of Linux operating system Question 2 Explain briefly about GNOME desktop Question 3 Write note on the following Encryption Sig
Create a database in access, The following are required: Create a ...
The following are required: Create a project in Access. Your database must have flow and a theme. The database must be normalized. The content m
High level languages, High level languages: High level languages (conv...
High level languages: High level languages (converted to machine code by compiler or equivalent) are much easier to program, as well as to understand. Several high level langu
Generic techniques in artificial intelligence, G e ne ric Techniques Dev...
G e ne ric Techniques Developed: In the pursuit of solutions to many problems in the above categories, serval specific techniques have sprung up which have bee
Visual Basic, difference between genral and event procedures
difference between genral and event procedures
Flowchart, create a flowchart showing average score for the 3 quizzes assum...
create a flowchart showing average score for the 3 quizzes assume that there are 3 sections each having 5 students the only valid number to be entered is 1-100 for the quizzes shou
Provide a goms description of the procedure, Question : (a) You want to...
Question : (a) You want to perform the task of sending an e-mail message to three of your friends. You can assume that the email addresses, of the people you want to send the e
Machine Learning, Hi I have a 8 question machine learning problem sheet due...
Hi I have a 8 question machine learning problem sheet due to the 25th of december. The exercises require knowledge of basic classifiers, logistic regression, naive bayes, mixture o
Multithread 1:1 Model, Given an operating system that supports a one – to ...
Given an operating system that supports a one – to –one relationship between user-level threads and kernel – level threads and allows one or more threads from a process to issue b
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.