Q. How is software design different from coding?
Ans: Points of difference among software design as well as coding can be laid down as under:
1. Design is most crucial as well as time-consuming activity
2. Screen of the system relies on the correct design specifications which is a key activity of the process.
3. Software design is on the basis of findings collected in the initial investigation phase.
4. Design consist of the following
Ø Process Design
Ø User interface design
Ø Database design
5. Designs are transformed into real code or program during the implementation phase.
6. It is more possible to rectify design as different users may have conflicting user requirements and only the final and valid design goes for next phase.
1. Involves conversion of thorough design specification laid out by designers into files, actual code or database.
2. Less time consuming after that the design phase and performed by programmers or coders.
3. More concerned by technical aspect of the software rather than its functional aspect.
4. Different software such like programming languages front-end tools and database management system, utilities and so on are used to facilitate the coding process.