you are to produce a working design for the fan, motor, belt system. You are to produce an assembly model and other such drawings as are necessary to explain your design together with relevant calculated or reasoned justifications for you design contained within a design report.
1. Analyse the problem as thoroughly as possible through observation, calculation, relevant research, etc, and assess the requirements for the transmission. ie; the Power requirement, torques and speeds, available space, space requirements, etc,.
2. Choose an appropriate motor.
3. Write a specification for the belt drive transmission system.
4. Using the procedure outlined in the Fenner catalogue and your notes, select an appropriate drive belt and pulley system.
5. Design an appropriate layout of the whole system. Including the method of mounting of the fan-shaft and its appropriate bearings, mounting of pulleys, mounting of the motor and the method of adjusting tension on the drive belts.
6. Using Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, produce an assembly model of your fan assembly.
7. Also, produce a sub-assembly model of the Fan Drive Shaft sub-assembly arrangement. From this, produce a cross-section Assembly Drawing of the Sub-Assembly containing the necessary views and detail of its design and include balloon referencing and a BOM (Bill of Materials).