Function of Dispatching Under dispatching the following functions are included:
1. Assignment of work to individual machines or work places and men,
2. Movement of materials tools and fixtures rigs dyes and gauges for various jobs etc, to the point of their use.
3. Releasing orders instructions and other communications and production forms to foremen and executives to actually start the work.
4. Guiding and controlling the materials and operations in processing on the basis of route sheets and schedules.
5. Recording of beginning and completion of time of each and every job.
6. Control of progress of all operations.
7. Making contact with routing and scheduling sections so that plant and schedules may not overlap.
8. Making of necessary adjustments in the release of instructions.